Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Irina reckons I am mad on a 95/6 bus and reckons I will never see my money back but want to do as many meets as I can and coming from south wales it's such a trek (leaving me feeling sick with the feul bills:Doh::cry:)

Yes we always intended to have a slide out but this bus is fine and I have done most things now like TV with sat, transformer, fridge board and so on all the little things that go on used buses.

My bus has only done a low mileage and I like driving it and to change could cost much more than the original purchase price getting it up to spec.

So it booked in on the 7th Jan to be done followed by next job a full exterior paint job.

Having 2 fillers and 300 ltrs worth of tanks.

Will i keep it......................................?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Touch under 3 grand.

Had many cheaper quotes but want a good job.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I am still undecided, but that is to your benefit. LPG is bound to double in price as soon as I get a conversion done!:Smile:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Hi

I estimate it will take 18000 miles to get your money back. I might be wrong as its only a quick calc. How many years will it take to do that?

stew

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
have a better idea move to the states:thumb: this country had it

ray:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
I did 5500 miles last year and we hardly did any meets.

Now I am in wales the meets are nearly alway 200 miles away so looking at 400 miles each trip and it make me sick putting multiple hundreds of pound in each trip.

When i was in business money had far less impact on me but now spending my savings it really hurts:cry::cry: even if I am just physiologically feeling better :RollEyes:

muz

Free Member
Nov 15, 2007
eastwood notts
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
10 years
lpg

even at todays prices its still double and a bit on mpg so its worth every penny.I was putting 180 ltrs in every time thru summer and autum and if you join up with the lpg site book you can go online and see which staition is cheeper,i am still buying it for 42p in derbyshire. happy cheep rv ing. MUZ

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Well done John
It does seem a lot of outlay, but I am sure it will repay you over time and also add a little value to you lovely bus. I do hope that you have decided to keep it now :winky:
Just out of interest, who is doing the conversion mate?
I guess it is then off down to Kent for a respray soon then???? :roflmto::roflmto:
Take care

Keith

G

gezza

Deleted User
lpg

hi john
just having mine converted , should get it back this week , its a place in hull 110 litres and 90 litres (200 in all) should get 180 on a fill, plus 2 fillers. cost shade over 3k inc vat :Sad: sounds like you got a good deal:winky: setting off on a trip to majorca early jan , while i was there three weeks ago noticed lpg at 50 cents aprox 38p i think :thumb: any body out there know of a cheap ferry to majorca? been quoted about ÂŁ800 open return lasts 2 months, :cry:
also make sure its converted by an approved lpg converter must have a silver embosed tick on certificate other wise insurance will not touch it (lots of fakes about)
good luck :thumb:

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Its Devon gas in Exeter and they are the real deal.

Had my Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 done recently by a local firm (who are good mechanics) but had a fair few teething troubles so are being more cautious this time as the bus is to big to have issues.

I am very impressed with LPG so far though :thumb:

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Well she is in today and hopefully back by next Friday. The company I am using certainly seem good and have done quite a few RVs already:thumb:

2 fillers and 2 x 100 ltr tanks and one 80 ltr tank all with 4 plugs for fast filling.

I might in the future have one more tank and a front filler when I have some more funds.

Last edited:

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
jhon you will be able to smile after filling up,when was the last time you did that:thumb::thumb::thumb:
dave

ps might be able to go back to twin lakes

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
jhon you will be able to smile after filling up,when was the last time you did that:thumb::thumb::thumb:
dave

ps might be able to go back to twin lakes

looking forward to it Dave:winky:

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Sequential with 2nd reducer i believe not sure which make yet though.

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
It's a sequential system with 2nd reducer i believe not sure which make yet though.

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
the one thing i dont like about it is the 5 light fuel indicator it still guess work ,ive had two fitterd and still not happy
dave

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
the one thing i dont like about it is the 5 light fuel indicator it still guess work ,ive had two fitterd and still not happy
dave

The one on my Jeep useless to:RollEyes:but he can adjust it from his computer, just not right yet.

I use the mileometer with it.

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
I am going to take in Park Verger at some time soon hopefully.

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Well my bus is now LPG powered and I pick her up in the morning::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Good luck John
You know it makes sense
Ive heard all the stories about how long it will take to pay you back but in the 2 years plus that mines been done i reckon it's paid for its self :thumb:

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Tony it's a big one off payment:Doh:

Each time I fill up now wont feel so sick (prices at the moment especially) and will now do more of the meets which mainly happen in central england and wont be doing the maths in my head each time and "can i afford it?" :RollEyes:

Wished I had had it done before my French holiday this year where it guzzled a grand worth of fuel (worth every penny though:winky:):thumb:

Ta for the kind words:winky::thumb:

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Home bus running like a dream:thumb:

Great day till last 60 miles where the sat nav got lost on new roadworks and it took a B road detour right into the Welsh hill and boy was it hilly, narrow, steep and bendy and stuck on it for 15 miles then just as the worst was over and about a mile to the A40 and would you believe a dead lorry right in the middle of the road with no gearbox.

Till now been telling Irina good test for the bus and what an adventure on this bl**dy road :Doh::cry:

After sitting there a hour and cars building up pressured into pushing the bus really hard into the roadside bushes/trees to get by and seem to have done a bit of damage to the front bumper with the escapade (cant see it that well in the dark:Doh::RollEyes:) so tomorrow will get the good or bad new but such is life.

Anyway home and happy with the conversion (and even the misses calmed down, got told off for taking the wrong road deliberately :Doh::RollEyes:as us men do:whatthe:)

Last edited:

martyn

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Chelmsford,Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11Years
Glad it's ok John,think of all the money you'll save.You will probably need it when the Forestry Commission come round for compensation for their damaged bushes and trees,only joking,all the best mate.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back