It's been wet in the Limousin and my garden is disappearing!! (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
moulin 87

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
Your area is full of farmers. No way that they want the subsidies to end, they like spending British taxpayers cash, so of course they want us to stay in.

In Haute Vienne, land, yes, sheep and cows, yes......375000 people of whom perhaps a thousand or two work/own a farm....As for whether they want the UK to stay in, the few who know of the referendum, perhaps as little as 25%, couldn't give a s**t one way or the other...Its of no real consequence to their daily life today, tomorrow, next year, 2030....

Its only the British newspapers perhaps who think the general population of Europe is awaiting Boris to lead them to paradise!!;)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Really hot and sunny here in Sarzeau this last two days, but diesel is very difficult to find!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
And the UK farmers do not get subsidies?

Yes! much to the detriment of farming they do!. As long as they get money for sitting on their arse they are happy to do so.

So how come, a farmer,with NO subsides, in NZ can "grow" a Lamb, transport it to a Freezing Works, get it killed, processed, frozen, packed into a freezer container, transported to the other side of the world, landed, and placed on the market floor, CHEAPER than the the British Farmer down the road? AND STILL make a decent living?
They still have to follow EUrules, for instance ;all fencing rails must be stainless steel in the paddocks of the freezing works/abbatoirs

So tell me which farmer has got it right?

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Yes! much to the detriment of farming they do!. As long as they get money for sitting on their arse they are happy to do so.

So how come, a farmer,with NO subsides, in NZ can "grow" a Lamb, transport it to a Freezing Works, get it killed, processed, frozen, packed into a freezer container, transported to the other side of the world, landed, and placed on the market floor, CHEAPER than the the British Farmer down the road? AND STILL make a decent living?
They still have to follow EUrules, for instance ;all fencing rails must be stainless steel in the paddocks of the freezing works/abbatoirs

So tell me which farmer has got it right?

That's a very good point

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
not a surprise.. I have yet to hear any ex pat who would vote to leave.. why would you ?

just as you won't get many UK immigrants voting to leave either.. turkeys don't vote for Xmas

There are forums here where there are plenty of expats who are voting out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
moulin 87

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
Have you got an issue with carpenters....:D

French wood especially Limousin Oak is really awkward to work with so you need an equally awkward french chippy to knock it into shape....:LOL: To be fair there are a couple of decent expat chippies about, one from Kent the other from WARSAW....

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
French wood especially Limousin Oak is really awkward to work with so you need an equally awkward french chippy to knock it into shape....:LOL: To be fair there are a couple of decent expat chippies about, one from Kent the other from WARSAW....

Bugger you then, I'll withdraw my application for a holiday :LOL:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Settle down folks - this thread was about the amount of rain that's fallen recently in the Limousin region and how the OP has had his garden flooded.

Another example of a thread being hijacked.

Nowt to do with Brexit, ex pats, cattle or French joiners.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back