It's been a lovely day...... (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
We set out at 6am today breakfast in Rosses at Westcliff then down to Shuberyness for a couple of hours sitting in the sunshine and watching the kite surfers, then up to Waitrose for a few provisions before driving down to Leigh on sea for a pint and a large plate of cockles.
Leigh is a people watchers paradise I really like the place and always feel totally at home with Essex people and the place is full of them.;) Salt of the earth.(y) Chatting to this lovely girl with a dog. I think they both took to me, the dog sat on my foot and she sat between me and my lovely lady. They are an open book, a ten minute chat and I knew all about the barsteward who she had been with for 10 years before she found out he had been playing the field. Really lovely girl I felt quite sorry for her and her three young kids. It was a sort of @ianthebuilder moment..;):)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I guess it's better than SHE sat on your foot and the dog sat between you and your wife. ;)

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
Sounds like a good day @buttons . Apart from the woman and her sob story!:( Did she ask if you wanted any lucky heather?:)
You can't beat a nice Rossi ice cream on the front, never had breakfast there.
I Take the dog to Shoebury, but dogs are banned from beach from tomorrow until Sept.:(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Sounds like a good day @buttons . Apart from the woman and her sob story!:( Did she ask if you wanted any lucky heather?:)
You can't beat a nice Rossi ice cream on the front, never had breakfast there.
I Take the dog to Shoebury, but dogs are banned from beach from tomorrow until Sept.:(
Ho Ho jess I am a bit worldly wise for such encounters, she was a real nice Essex girl.;)
The southend area has a lot going for it, this is reflected in the house prices along the miles of promenade. It has main line railway good road access and an international airport to boot. Those house balconies along from Westcliff are something else. It makes a great venue for a day by the sea. Love it..(y)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Hah! skiter!
Bloody freezing down 'ere, had to put me longs on! Must have gone down to minimum 17C, actually tried to give the Paper girl a hug to warm me up, took me a couple hundred metres to catch her though!:cheers:
-
-
-
-
-
-
Breaking News Funsters! the street is filled with Cop Cars, - - - -

You heard it here first fellas :hi5:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
But it's April 30th :( Last day dogs are allowed on all the local beaches for 5 long months :( My dogs are going to be gutted tomorrow....

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I like Southend too Buttons.
Truth is I like anywhere near the sea.
Me too Chris but southend is less than an hour door to doo for me. You can park up on the grass behind the beach huts at shoeburyness end, get your table and chairs out and on a nice day you could be absolutely anywhere.. The cycle lane goes for miles along the flat sea front and if like today with a spring tide you might even be lucky to get your feet in the sea...:)

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
Ho Ho jess I am a bit worldly wise for such encounters, she was a real nice Essex girl.;)
The southend area has a lot going for it, this is reflected in the house prices along the miles of promenade. It has main line railway good road access and an international airport to boot. Those house balconies along from Westcliff are something else. It makes a great venue for a day by the sea. Love it..(y)
Yes, some lovely places along the front.
Leigh on Sea is also very trendy. It's about 50 min/hour on the train to central london.
Airport is called London Southend Airport, which does make me laugh. Use it to fly to Malaga.

Know what you mean @buttons I married an Essex girl and it's not all true ;)
And me(y)

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Leigh on Sea is also very trendy. It's about 50 min/hour on the train to central london.
Airport is called London Southend Airport, which does make me laugh. Use it to fly to Malaga.
And me(y)
Yeah they call them London Gatwick and London Stansted too.:) I have a picture on my PC of me at three years old on the beach at Westcliff it hasn't changed that much in fifty years.. :)

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
I'm glad you had a good time buttons,, I love Essex too! And your chat just goes to show, everybody has a story to tell mate!! I just feel lucky that people trust or like us enough to unload mate!! Makes you realise how good life is for some of us mate, don't it!! Enjoy your bank holiday,, xx

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I'm glad you had a good time buttons,, I love Essex too! And your chat just goes to show, everybody has a story to tell mate!! I just feel lucky that people trust or like us enough to unload mate!! Makes you realise how good life is for some of us mate, don't it!! Enjoy your bank holiday,, xx
Thanks Ian and you...(y)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004

And me(y)

Essex is sort of second home , we lived at Gt Baddow near Chelmsford for several years and used to take the kids to Southend for a Rossi on Sunday's.

Feb 5, 2012
South East Essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2010
Nice to see such positive comments a bout Essex and Essex folk. Programmes like Towie give us such a bad name. Leigh on Sea has so much to offer such as the folk festival in June. If you haven't been to it it's well worth it!

OP
OP
buttons
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Nice to see such positive comments a bout Essex and Essex folk. Programmes like Towie give us such a bad name. Leigh on Sea has so much to offer such as the folk festival in June. If you haven't been to it it's well worth it!
Thanks Percy I will look that up. Will be handy to get the train in rather than drive...(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back