It's a crazy MH market at the moment..... (1 Viewer)

Jan 4, 2020
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2005
For the last 7 years, we have had a 2010 Frankia Mercedes 5.5ton I8400GD, which we winter in, in Spain, but Mrs Hagstrom and myself have concluded it has to go in favour of a smaller PVC. I'm 73 and my days of taking the C1 medical for granted are over (and Mrs H would point out that I'm "not as adapt at reversing" as I was.)

So, in search of a brand new 6m PVC, we have visited a dealer who had just what we wanted and, he had reduced the price that day by £1500. Lucky us.

That was a fortnight ago. The dealer had asked if we wanted him to reserve the van whilst he got us a trade in price for the Frankia. We didn't reserve it but, last week, I'm on the phone to him seeking to optimise the deal and he says, leave it with me I'll look again at my figures. (I thought he might throw in an awning to sweeten the deal.)

The next day I noticed from his website that the van price had gone up by £4500. He hasn't replied to my enquiry about the revised sale price. What a world. It's crazy.

We've decided to have one more Spanish winter in the Frankia. (Anyone want a fulltiming van in the Spring?)

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
For the last 7 years, we have had a 2010 Frankia Mercedes 5.5ton I8400GD, which we winter in, in Spain, but Mrs Hagstrom and myself have concluded it has to go in favour of a smaller PVC. I'm 73 and my days of taking the C1 medical for granted are over (and Mrs H would point out that I'm "not as adapt at reversing" as I was.)

So, in search of a brand new 6m PVC, we have visited a dealer who had just what we wanted and, he had reduced the price that day by £1500. Lucky us.

That was a fortnight ago. The dealer had asked if we wanted him to reserve the van whilst he got us a trade in price for the Frankia. We didn't reserve it but, last week, I'm on the phone to him seeking to optimise the deal and he says, leave it with me I'll look again at my figures. (I thought he might throw in an awning to sweeten the deal.)

The next day I noticed from his website that the van price had gone up by £4500. He hasn't replied to my enquiry about the revised sale price. What a world. It's crazy.

We've decided to have one more Spanish winter in the Frankia. (Anyone want a fulltiming van in the Spring?)
Yes but are you sure he wouldn't still honour your quote, that may just be a price for someone else.

OP
OP
Hagstrom
Jan 4, 2020
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2005
The Dealer hasn't bothered to respond to my email about revised price - which is part of the reason we decided to postpone the van change until Spring.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
You snooze you lose in today's market I'm afraid but I'm sure it's worth a call to the dealer unless perhaps he didn't want your van for some reason which I doubt as there great Van's.

OP
OP
Hagstrom
Jan 4, 2020
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2005
The dealer gave us a trade in price and indicated our van didn't fit his profile so he would pass it on to the trade. So I don't think that was a sticking point.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
One of our neighbours a few doors down have just sold their MH due to ill health.
It went onto AutoTrader on the Friday and it was sold to a guy up in Scotland by the Monday for just a couple of grand less that they bought it for new 4 and a half years ago.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
The Dealer hasn't bothered to respond to my email about revised price - which is part of the reason we decided to postpone the van change until Spring.
I often get told that I have ignore people's emails. When I check it was sent and the "reciever's" junk filter has seen a business, embedded logos and links and decided its junk, and disposed of it accordingly

I personally have had it so many time that I will always phone to chase if I am waiting for an email

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I often get told that I have ignore people's emails. When I check it was sent and the "reciever's" junk filter has seen a business, embedded logos and links and decided its junk, and disposed of it accordingly

I personally have had it so many time that I will always phone to chase if I am waiting for an email
I would never trust anything to just emails having worked for an electrical wholesalers who never ever looked at emails as long as there were customers were in the shop.

OP
OP
Hagstrom
Jan 4, 2020
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2005
Looked in all email folders and there's nothing from the dealer. I'm not particularly chasing a response because we've since made a decision to change in Spring 21.

I posted because I thought Fun Folk would be interested in a recent example of this over heated motorhome market.

Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class

I have recently telephoned and e mailed the Guys at Vanbitz and always get a timely and courteous response to my query however trivial it might be. Its called great customer service 👍

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015

Could well be interested next year. please pm me with a possible price, your location, in the meantime i will look at details,
Thanks
Joe

Aji

Dec 8, 2017
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin Sgx
Exp
Neen
Hello,

I have just ordered an Adria Twin Supreme, the dealer informed me that Adria have told them not to accept any further orders on these models for delivery during 2021.

The dealer has 14 Adria Twins on order, all with different specifications.

I am going for high spec, 4000kg chassis, 180hp with auto box, all the packs etc.

Due to the cost, Adria have allowed the dealer to replace one of the vans he has on order with a van to my required specs.

Delivery date mid April.

Ally

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Today I called in to Premier Motorhomes. I had previously told them that I was interested in a quite expensive MH. The sales staff just could not be bothered to even talk to me. Eventually I just walked out. Imagine having to deal with a similar after sales / service department.

Tinner

Free Member
Mar 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hagstrom can you post some photos of your mh and a price

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun