Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi all you MoHo experts, I need some advice!

I think I need a cover for my Motorhome. Even though it is stored inside a purpose made barn with 100 other vehicles it still gets pretty grubby on the roof.

Also for a couple of months this year I will be leaving it at a friends house, out in the open, would you suggest a Motorhome Roof cover or a complete cover.

I'm afraid it might chafe the paintwork in high winds, your thoughts please and any recommendations.
:thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I wouldn't hesitate under cover, but you hit the nail on the head with chaffing in the open. let the rain clean it regularly for you, hee hee.:thumb: and of course solar will not keep your batteries alive under a cover.

Last edited:
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Apparently the one to buy is Pro-Tec, invested in by Dragon Hilary Devey. A friend of mine has always used them for his caravans, and also bought one for the old Symphony which I sold him last year. He is VERY fussy and does classic car stuff so I trust his judgement...

Catherine

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
We have a full ProTec cover for our Autotrail. Quality kit. Bespoke manufacture, accommodating all your sticky out bits. Only down side I have found with ours, which shouldn't be a problem with your muscles, is it's damned heavy.

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Don't bother, just give the van a good coating of Fenwicks over wintering fluid, just clean the van and spray on with a garden sprayer , you won't even know it has a coating to look at it and the van will still be ready for the off if you decide to nip out for a weekend or something, when you feel you need to wash the van again just use a slightly stronger solution of Fenwicks Motorhome cleaner, ideally followed by a rinse with a bit of bobby dazzler in the water job done, easy cleaning and a nice shiny van.
By the way I have no connection with the company just been using their products for many years.

OP
OP
Popeye

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Well short term I think I'll go with Full Timers suggestion for Wildmans reasons as much as anything and also (edExel) because my muscles aren't as they were a couple of years ago.

However if I do look at covers it will definitely be ProTec....... thank you all...Griff

ps where do I look for Fenwicks cleaning products?
:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
a lot of the caravan accessory shops will stock it I think Go Outdoors also do if none local try their website to find a local supplier or buy online
http://www.fenwicks.info/

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back