Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
Hi All,
Does anyone know the earliest that you can book ferries from Ancona to Igoumenitsa/Patras for June 2019 please. We missed out going this year cos they'd sold out,
Thanks

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
Hi,

Timetables and prices are usually released around late November, early December but it can vary. The online brochures usually come out end December if they are on the ball but early early Jan is more likely.
I would ring Viamare the main UK shipping agents and have a chat with them, they will be the first to get the tariffs, probably before online prices have been released.

http://www.viamare.com/

I usually book via them as they get you all the best discounts and they take their cut from the operator not you.

As long as you book before end of February you should also qualify for the 20% early booking discount which is well worth having. You can book an open return if you're unsure of your return date and still qualify for the discount with them, I've never quite figured out if you can do that online.

Pete

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Agree with Pete, Viamare are superb to deal with and will guide you through all the discounts. When we went 3 years ago we booked in Feb & went on Miloan Lines, got 15% early booking discount, 10% or 15% for over 60 & another 10% for joing Miloan Club (its free).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
johnandi
Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
Hi,

Timetables and prices are usually released around late November, early December but it can vary. The online brochures usually come out end December if they are on the ball but early early Jan is more likely.
I would ring Viamare the main UK shipping agents and have a chat with them, they will be the first to get the tariffs, probably before online prices have been released.

http://www.viamare.com/

I usually book via them as they get you all the best discounts and they take their cut from the operator not you.

As long as you book before end of February you should also qualify for the 20% early booking discount which is well worth having. You can book an open return if you're unsure of your return date and still qualify for the discount with them, I've never quite figured out if you can do that online.

Pete
Cheers Pete that's brilliant! Just don't want to miss out again next year on the 'Camping On Board' or 'All inclusive' options.

OP
OP
johnandi
Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
Agree with Pete, Viamare are superb to deal with and will guide you through all the discounts. When we went 3 years ago we booked in Feb & went on Miloan Lines, got 15% early booking discount, 10% or 15% for over 60 & another 10% for joing Miloan Club (its free).
Great many thanks Lenny. (y)

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Heads up for those thinking about taking the ANEK ferry from Anconna over to Greece and using the camping on board facility. It's booking up fast. The earliest I could get a booking for yesterday was for the 6th June.
Best prices and discount I found this year is by booking direct through ANEK using the their Smart Bonus Program.

https://www.anek.gr/en/

Pete

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

worky

Free Member
Mar 6, 2008
worcester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2008
Another vote for Viamare, just been on the phone to them and booked crossing Ancona/Patra 17th April for 2 adults and 6.5m van with all inclusive camping on board (although it's actually inside cabin) and amazed at cost ........€202 one way, taking into account early booking/minoan club/over 60 discounts,which came out much less than my trying to book online, so well pleased.

cheers

clyde

Captain Pants

Free Member
Dec 19, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg PVC
Exp
Since 1982
Another vote for Viamare, just been on the phone to them and booked crossing Ancona/Patra 17th April for 2 adults and 6.5m van with all inclusive camping on board (although it's actually inside cabin) and amazed at cost ........€202 one way, taking into account early booking/minoan club/over 60 discounts,which came out much less than my trying to book online, so well pleased.

cheers

clyde

Seems phoning them is the way to go. Viamare website doesn’t work for me (iPad user) and online discount information is out-of-date.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back