Italy north east coast to Trieste (1 Viewer)

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
not been to the Grado / Aquilia area for 30 years:Sad: planning on going to that are avia Austria May & June.

anyone been to that area in the past few years who can offer advice on sites, points of interest. prices, weather etc etc.

be greatfull:thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Phill

We did Lake Garda a couple of years back and on the way down spent a couple of nights at Innsbruck which i would highly recommend lovely City and loads to see, it was glorious sunshine in the City we then took a cable car to top of mountain and it felt like Scotland :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: was really nice walking about with snow on top of mountain then back down to lovely heat.

We found the Coty to be really nice with loads to do and see from Olympic ski jump to para gliding of a mountain. We also stopped in Ulm Germany for a night this is also a lovely old and new city mixed together. We stopped on a stellplatz (same as Aire) and got tram car to town centre.

OP
OP
Phill D
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
thanks Gerry, did lake Garda and Innsbruck way back, so long ago cant remember the details had a caravan at the time. planning on travelling part way down through France across into Germany then into Austria then into Northern Italy towards Trieste. not sure what after that.
:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
:Smile:phill if your into cars then stop of at Stuggart and visit the Mercedes museum great day out, even Lorraine and Sophie loved it.

Had a view of the van today and all seems ok so with a bit of luck might be ours soon.

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
not been to the Grado / Aquilia area for 30 years

Phill,
Did you mean Grado on the coast or Lake Garda? We did Grado 3 years ago and there are quite a few large sites on the coast, I seem to remember they were a little pricey but they were quite big with all the facilities, entertainment, pools restaurants, supermarket etc... On the downside there were lots of Mosquitos at night and the grandchildren with us were eaten alive. Not been back since, this was late July.

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
I have been to Trieste in Italy quite a few times as some of my family live there, not been for a few years, last time was for my uncles funeral, about 7 years ago, some of them live in the busy tow of Triesten and some of my cousins live in Opicina which is a little up out of town, you can get an old tram up there which has been going up and down for many years.
I have been on the beach at Grado when i was a young child with my mum & dad.
The beach along the coast in Trieste is "Barcola" and right at the end is a very nice "castle de Miramare" lovely gardens, and you can view the inside.
We are going to Lake Garda this year and possibly Venice, make a change from France.
enjoy:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back