Italy is open from France, but not from Italy into France (1 Viewer)

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
just watching the French 24 news and they report that the Italians have opened their border, so you can travel freely from France into Italy, but you can only enter France if you meet their current criteria (as on the UK/France border)

it reported that no agreement was reached over the weekend for EU countries to lift restrictions all at the same time, so the Italians decided to go it alone! French Prime Minister will be making an announcement re whether the 15th June will see France reopen its borders later in the week, but no date set for the announcement or what that announcement will entail.

This bit is my comments and not part of the report - Much has been made of the proposed reciprocal quarantine arrangements with UK when the borders do eventually reopen for 'freedom of movement', but that is in direct breach of the French constitution, so i am still being positive about travelling on the 16th June.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
just watching the French 24 news and they report that the Italians have opened their border, so you can travel freely from France into Italy, but you can only enter France if you meet their current criteria (as on the UK/France border)

it reported that no agreement was reached over the weekend for EU countries to lift restrictions all at the same time, so the Italians decided to go it alone! French Prime Minister will be making an announcement re whether the 15th June will see France reopen its borders later in the week, but no date set for the announcement or what that announcement will entail.

This bit is my comments and not part of the report - Much has been made of the proposed reciprocal quarantine arrangements with UK when the borders do eventually reopen for 'freedom of movement', but that is in direct breach of the French constitution, so i am still being positive about travelling on the 16th June.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
With Spain holding out until 21st with its borders with, France, Portugal and Andorra.

But will Brits be allowed in by land or sea?.

We are informed that limited travel for holidaymakers will be starting 1st July, verbal statement so far, the end of the phases of restricted movement comes to an end on 21st June, that's for those who reside in Spain and means that inter regional movement can resume for the first time since lockdown started in March.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back