italian trip (1 Viewer)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We'll be going that way.

We'll head for Chamonix with one stop, probably Froncles aire or somewhere around there, then a couple of nights at the aire at Chamonix and then through the Mont Blanc tunnel

Can't remember how much the tolls are down to Chamonix but it isn't much. The tunnel is something like €54

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andrewjw

Free Member
Oct 23, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
La Strada Regent L
Exp
20 years plus
If you are looking for somewhere to stay for the night shortly after going through the MB tunnel then ...

http://www.campingarcenciel.it/ChiSiamo.asp

...is reasonably priced , has a charismatic restaurant and stunning views of the surrounding mountains.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
My unhelpful advice is that we stayed at lake garda, and were totally underwhelmed by it, the other great lakes are much more worthy of a visit, Garda was a little too touristy for us, if you know what I mean.

andrewjw

Free Member
Oct 23, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
La Strada Regent L
Exp
20 years plus
My unhelpful advice is that we stayed at lake garda, and were totally underwhelmed by it, the other great lakes are much more worthy of a visit, Garda was a little too touristy for us, if you know what I mean.

As ever it depends where you go...:)

Bacchus

Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011
We were just talking of heading back down that way, one of the places en-route that I would love to go back to for a couple of days is Annecy. Great free aire (well it was...) by the lake and a stroll from the town centre.

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
Will watch with interest, leave approx 14th stopping at Luxembourg then ?, heading for lakes ourselves.

plumbomb

Free Member
Oct 18, 2012
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2013
We also off to Lake Garda in june, tacking 3 weeks off work & now just looking at routes.Any recommendations ? Steady drive down maybe Holland, Luxembourg ,Germany. But am unsure weather to up & over or through the tunnel.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Avoid Switzerland.. Instead go via Austria.. Nicer people cheaper toll ( Vignet )and beautiful views
What size is your motorhome @Kent monkey ?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Forgot.. Canna help with stopping places en route cos we either dont stop or just pull off on to Stelplatz along the way
But just south east of Riva Del Garda is the town of Rovereto.
Beside the football stadium is an excellent stelplatz with water, dump facilities and usually plenty of room

Imbiber

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
A couple of stops we made last year en-route to Garda included Lido International at Lake Lucerne and TCS Camping Lugano, Switzerland. For us the Swiss 10 day vignette is well worth the cost.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back