Free Member
Jun 6, 2013
edinburgh
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 600g
Exp
Hi Folks!

We are heading off to The Italian Lakes at the beginning of July for a couple of weeks with our 3 kids. We don't have any set plans so can anyone who has been to Lake Maggiore/Lake Como/Lake Iseo/Dolomites areas give me any recommendations for a fun family time outwith the huge campsites.:thumb:

Thanks

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
if you have kids then i would say lake garda on the east side there is garda land and movie world great place and not to expensive to keep the kids happy and dont forget the larger sites have kids entertainment to keep the ankle biters happy :ROFLMAO:

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Lake Garda - 'Peschiera' del Garda. 'Camping Bella Italia' ideal for families, on the edge of the lake - 10 min cycle into the town. Loads of trips from the site. :Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Lake Garda - 'Peschiera' del Garda. 'Camping Bella Italia' ideal for families, on the edge of the lake - 10 min cycle into the town. Loads of trips from the site. :Cool:

great site been there twice as is camping del garda and Peschiera' del Garda is a wonderful place but i aint sure you will get on either of these in july prolly fully booked

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Scotimage

We went to Lake Garda a couple of years ago and stayed at camping San francesco was quite expensive so if your a caravan club member give them a call as we got a good discount with them.

Don't know what route your taking but if your going Via Innsbruck then spen a night or two at the campsite Nattersea the kids will love it.

We visited Garda land for the day and found even I. The middle of July it wasn't anywhere near as busy as other big theme parks.

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
great site been there twice as is camping del garda and Peschiera' del Garda is a wonderful place but i aint sure you will get on either of these in july prolly fully booked

Good advice Ukbill, maybe try and book ahead if you like the look of any camping site especially if it is in the school holidays :thumb:

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
Just come back from Sicily and stopprd of at Lake Maggorie for a night.
We went along the west side and stayed at Connobia.
Be aware that on the sites around the lake the pitches are very tight and you pay extra for a lakeside view.
We payed €37 for the night, which included electricity, and a premium for a partial view of the lake- and this was not high season!
We stayed at the last campsite as you exit Cannobia going north. Sorry cannot give you name as our diary is in the van.

If I went again I would go to one of the others though!

Be aware the road on the west side is very twisty and very narrow.

We were hit by a white van man on a corner. We suffered a hole punched in our inside wing mirror housing. From the noise his completely smashed.
We were able to watch the event later at home as I have an on board camera mounted on a rearview mirror.

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Iseo

Iseo likely to be too quiet for the kids.

We arrived at Bella Italia but left without staying - it is a large site with a lot going off, not our thing really.

Camping del Garda is a busy spot too, but felt more spaced out. Trains are close by to Venice and Verona if you wanted a trip out.

Russell

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We are making our way to lake garda 21st June, dont really want a large commercial site with loads of people, somewhere to take dogs a walk but not too far from the lake, any ideas?

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
We are making our way to lake garda 21st June, dont really want a large commercial site with loads of people, somewhere to take dogs a walk but not too far from the lake, any ideas?

what we saw of garda, we traveled right down the west side,theres not much in the way of seclusion northen half all the sites are crammed on to hill sides and further south sites are larger\ and more commercial

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
quiet

Hi

The West side is quieter. I have not stayed at camping Il Faro, but have had a look around. Good pool and little all else. We are going in September. Also, on the lake front is Camping Ideal Piave - again no fancy slides or water parks etc, so likely to be quieter. Facilities dated though.

Both sites are at Manerba del Garda

Russell

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
We stayed at Camping Wien just outside Peschiera del Garda during school holidays they have entertainment every night as they have an outdoor stage

http://www.campingwien.it/

Cheers
G

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back