Free Member
Jun 25, 2017
Ely
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2012
we're off to Italy, can anyone recommend any books such as the French aires books for free stop over sights for Italy
Thanks

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
I’ve got a aree di sosta from vicarious books or just download the campercontact app for your phone

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
I used Camperstop Europe whilst in France this year, it had quite a few aires that were not in 'All the Aires' in France, it also covers Italy too (as well as the rest of Europe), highly recommended.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I used Camperstop Europe whilst in France this year, it had quite a few aires that were not in 'All the Aires' in France, it also covers Italy too (as well as the rest of Europe), highly recommended.
That's what I found as well.... Don't bother buying the Sosta book, not worth it, and it's diificult to use. It got us into trouble the only 2 times we used it, as the sat nav took us down almost impassable routes!! Camperstop is better.

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
We have the Vicarious book with Italian sostas. We don't find the book all that useful because of the way they've indexed it. You need to know which area a site is, then go to that area in the book to to try and find the particular site. Also, compared to the equivalent French Aires book, the directions to sites weren't as comprehensive. But it is worth having and as others have posted, campercontact and other on-line sites are also useful

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
In my opinion, Camperstop Europe is the best general handbook for stops in many countries. We generally have a copy when touring although our present edition is a bit out of date and is falling to pieces!
In addition, Campercontact, which has an excellent app for iOS and Android tablets, and Camping Car Infos which has one only for Android unfortunately, both cover many European countries including Italy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back