LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Tire blow out on the motorway + toffee Fiat jack + road side assistance needed to put on spare + follow roadside assistant back to base to pay + wait for another garage to open so we can get another tire = all day spent bleeding money and not getting anywhere.
20180720_134644.jpg

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
But you survived it, think how bad it could have been (y)

It might be an illusion on the photo but that tyre looks bald, presume it is just the effect of a rapid deflation

And sorry but I cant resist, do you know what caused it and how old is the tyre ?

Tomorrow it will all seem a long time ago and things will hopefully get back to normal :)(y)

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Crikey you two, so glad to hear that you are ok, hope you are soon back on the road.

If you are on the tunnel I seem to remember that they are very flexible about amending your booking.

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
But you survived it, think how bad it could have been (y)

It might be an illusion on the photo but that tyre looks bald, presume it is just the effect of a rapid deflation

And sorry but I cant resist, do you know what caused it and how old is the tyre ?

Tomorrow it will all seem a long time ago and things will hopefully get back to normal :)(y)
Nah, it wasn't bald. The tyre is less than 3 years old, they all are. The guy who change it said the valve had split.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Crikey you two, so glad to hear that you are ok, hope you are soon back on the road.

If you are on the tunnel I seem to remember that they are very flexible about amending your booking.
We are back on the road now and should not struggle to make our train too much.

These things are sent to try us. Luckily it was a rear tyre, of which we have 4, so stability wasn't a problem.

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
Glad you are both ok, something we all dread were you with Adac ?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Glad to hear all is sorted Sandra, just a thought from a total non technical view, having a tag axle could you not have driven it off the motorway with one tyre deflated? I guess the danger might be it breaking up and doing damage, but getting off the motorway to avoid the mandatory call out would be nice. We have a twin axle and if only one tyre burst I would hope to do that myself, although we do also avoid motorways in France, especially the ones that want you to pay for the privilege :)

We once, unintentionally I should add drove (or rather pulled) a tag axle caravan for about 50 miles we think with a blown out tyre, we recall feeling something near Dreux in very heavy rain heading north that we now think was the deflation, stopped north of Rouen for the night and found the wrecked tyre in the morning

Then had the same issue as you with inappropriate tools for the job, got lucky with other driver assistance in the service area

Hope that is it for this journey for you, hope to bump into you somewhere soon (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back