It`s in your blood, No matter how old you are.....!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Back on the road again... :Grin:

I had come to the conclusion that we may never be "Motor-homing" again..... but.... never give up...

We, or I had almost given up on the idea....

But NO...... we are on the road again for the time being.. so this is a run down on our first 2 trips away in our new to us PVC...

Started at Simmons Farm Estate for a few nights.... Only opened the week we got there... Lovely laid out site... but if you go down the bottom of the field there is a lot of road noise all day and into the night being the main A35... lot`s of night delivery lorries, also it`s a long walk to the top to empty your elsan.... price wise for what is there, I thought a wee bit dear... So if you do try it ask to be camped near the top, away from the road... you will still hear the traffic but not as much.. few photo`s =

DSC01963 (600 x 450).jpg
DSC01965 (600 x 450).jpg

The loves of my life... but she is NOT allowed on my bed at home...

DSC01967 (600 x 450).jpg

She has even nicked me oxygen bottle.... :madder:
DSC01968 (600 x 450).jpg
DSC01974 (600 x 450).jpg

After our stop at Simmons Farm Estate...we managed to secure a couple of nights (Thanks to FIDGET .) down with the Wombles rally at Highlands end camping......... We have lived in the area most of our married lives but never paid a visit before as it is less than an hour from home.... But what a fabulous site with some stonking views from a lot of pitches of the English Channel... We managed to get on a grass pitch for a couple of nights.. (Hard Standing/Gravel and Grass. EHU or Non EHU.).... (Bit wet and Muddy.) especially after Sundays down pours... A couple or three Girl Funsters even climbed down the side of a mountain to go swimming.. :Eeek::notworthy2:
But the Saturdays drinks and get together well made up for a bit of rain... (Only Funsters can organise an impromptu get together like that... (y):hugs::drinks:)Few Photo`s.. =

DSC01984 (600 x 450).jpg
DSC01986 (600 x 450).jpg
DSC01987 (600 x 450).jpg

1626097659523.png

1626097756482.png

1626097791643.png

1626097843197.png

Then the long arduous journey home.. :wink::giggler:..

Few shots of our drive home through one of the most beautiful thatched villages in Dorset and down the famous Abbotsbury hill with the Isle of Portland in the distance..= (We always used to stop in a lay-by on Abbotsbury Hill for an Ice Cream, kid`s loved the ice cream and a flake.. Pulled in and took a few photo`s..... Sod was not there..:crying: )

DSC02008 (600 x 450).jpg

DSC02006 (600 x 450).jpg

DSC02010 (600 x 450).jpg

DSC02018 (600 x 450).jpg

DSC02020 (600 x 450).jpg
DSC02023 (600 x 450).jpg

Well that`s an insight into us getting back into motor-homing... Remember....

Never give up on your dreams...

Take care and stay safe, all of you... :hugs::*:*

Attachments

• 1626097698768.png
    1626097698768.png
    165.7 KB · Views: 53

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
So glad to hear you had a good time. Great photos. We are looking forward to our first trip once we have finished the van!

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
A couple or three Girl Funsters even climbed down the side of a mountain to go swimming.. :Eeek::notworthy2:
I do like being referred to as a girl Mo :laughing:

Seriously, it was a lovely surprise to see you & Judy & hope it's not as long again before we meet up.
Take care & hope it's all good news xx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
Your van looks nice mo,are you used to using a pvc and if so do you find it “roomy” enough?
without getting on each others nerves (if you know what i mean 😬

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
So glad you had a lovely time. We love it at Highlands End and only cancelled because darling daughter is home on leave. It’s our favourite spot. You don’t need to go far, as soon as we pull out of the drive we relax and feel as though we’re on our hols.

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Your van looks nice mo,are you used to using a pvc and if so do you find it “roomy” enough?
without getting on each others nerves (if you know what i mean 😬
Finding it great, Thanks, Pam.. (y)

Had to de-clutter a lot after having a reasonable size ones before.... and early day`s but we think it will be ideal for us and the dog... And is easy enough to stack things away and do a bit of sight seeing..

We looked into a lot of PVC`s.... but the Vantage is the only one we liked that did not have a flip-up sink in the bathroom... (Judy`s pet Hate..:doh:.) and we both did not like the back doors... so the solid back with a boot is ideal, plus Vantage have slipped a lot of nice little extra`s in.... like a small shelf running all the way round the U-shaped lounge for Judy`s nick-knacks... :RollEyes::giggler:

We still have 3 empty cupboards... :happy:

Early days... but we are both very happy with it.. (y):thanks3::*

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
We used to visit Abbotsbury and surrounding area in our first moho. It was an Austin Healey Sprite mkII. We'd park behind the spit, next to the sea. We'd turn around the seat squab, take off the chair backs, and lay full length with our heads in the boot. We had a boot rack over the small boot lid, carrying our kitchen equipment - a Camping Gaz single range. The boot rack also served as the kitchen unit. This was 60 or so years ago. About 1962/4? Amazingly, the gorgeous young lady stayed with me to this day. I have a pic somewhere. Black and white, of course. We were all in black and white in those days. Ahh, memories stay.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Good to see you both out and about and enjoying van life. I know you have had bigger motorhomes but at least your still out there now enjoying the lifestyle. I know you have properly been told this before in your life but remember Mo size is not everything. :LOL: :LOL:

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
It was great to meet the legends that are Mo and Judy, and looking so well. Last evening a coach style MH pulled in by us. The guy still had to turn round the cab seat and sit in it to watch the football!

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Nice to hear your doing okay and out and abouting, not just a person who sits at home making up jokes for our entertainment.
Good luck in your new adventures Mo
1626114803857.png

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
Back on the road again... :Grin:

I had come to the conclusion that we may never be "Motor-homing" again..... but.... never give up...

We, or I had almost given up on the idea....

But NO...... we are on the road again for the time being.. so this is a run down on our first 2 trips away in our new to us PVC...

Started at Simmons Farm Estate for a few nights.... Only opened the week we got there... Lovely laid out site... but if you go down the bottom of the field there is a lot of road noise all day and into the night being the main A35... lot`s of night delivery lorries, also it`s a long walk to the top to empty your elsan.... price wise for what is there, I thought a wee bit dear... So if you do try it ask to be camped near the top, away from the road... you will still hear the traffic but not as much.. few photo`s =

View attachment 515575View attachment 515576

The loves of my life... but she is NOT allowed on my bed at home...

View attachment 515577

She has even nicked me oxygen bottle.... :madder:
View attachment 515578View attachment 515579

After our stop at Simmons Farm Estate...we managed to secure a couple of nights (Thanks to FIDGET .) down with the Wombles rally at Highlands end camping......... We have lived in the area most of our married lives but never paid a visit before as it is less than an hour from home.... But what a fabulous site with some stonking views from a lot of pitches of the English Channel... We managed to get on a grass pitch for a couple of nights.. (Hard Standing/Gravel and Grass. EHU or Non EHU.).... (Bit wet and Muddy.) especially after Sundays down pours... A couple or three Girl Funsters even climbed down the side of a mountain to go swimming.. :Eeek::notworthy2:
But the Saturdays drinks and get together well made up for a bit of rain... (Only Funsters can organise an impromptu get together like that... (y):hugs::drinks:)Few Photo`s.. =

View attachment 515581View attachment 515582View attachment 515583

View attachment 515584
View attachment 515586
View attachment 515587
View attachment 515588

Then the long arduous journey home.. :wink::giggler:..

Few shots of our drive home through one of the most beautiful thatched villages in Dorset and down the famous Abbotsbury hill with the Isle of Portland in the distance..= (We always used to stop in a lay-by on Abbotsbury Hill for an Ice Cream, kid`s loved the ice cream and a flake.. Pulled in and took a few photo`s..... Sod was not there..:crying: )

View attachment 515590

View attachment 515589
View attachment 515591
View attachment 515592

View attachment 515593View attachment 515594

Well that`s an insight into us getting back into motor-homing... Remember....

Never give up on your dreams...

Take care and stay safe, all of you... :hugs::*:*
lovely pics, thanks for sharing, safe travels

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back