It’s time to share a new site with you, Algarve. (1 Viewer)

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
We have recently moved from Mikkis Place, gone downhill there big time, and are now living on a brand new site at Alcantarilha.
It’s still being built, it’s small ish, but will probably accommodate 30 or so units once the infrastructure is completed. Has a pool, and the boss is building an indoor and outside bar too?
Link is to his FB Page, no web presence as of yet, but I’m happy to provide info?
Anyone visiting the area, route in from the north, NOT through the village in anything more than a pvc?

Parque Rural de Autocaravanas Villa Casa Blanca
Quinta Casalinho da Bela Vista, 8365-023 Alcantarilha, Portugal
+351 916 688 184

Last edited:

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Interesting we are due to pop into Mikkis for a few days middle of the month to meet up with some friends who will be there all winter. I have forwarded your thread to them. I have never stayed there so will have no direct historical experience comparison so maybe I will survive it?

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Interesting we are due to pop into Mikkis for a few days middle of the month to meet up with some friends who will be there all winter. I have forwarded your thread to them. I have never stayed there so will have no direct historical experience comparison so maybe I will survive it?

Lol, and looking at where you’re from would that be Rob and Jen??

You’ll survive Mikkis if you’re not english, don’t like to have fun, don’t mind a dirty kitchen and chefs, don’t mind one black dump point for 180 pitches, don’t mind dog shit and loose dogs everywhere, don’t mind an overflowing cesspit, don’t mind waste water being left in open pools, dont mind no investment in facilities that are worn out and breaking, don’t mind pig ignorant lying rude owners, don’t mind being treated like a child, dont mind the bad atmosphere amongst the remaining ‘residents’ for the way they’ve been treated, don’t mind the fact that the whole place is illegal, and don’t mind that it will go bankrupt or be closed down any time soon??

........ but make your own mind up??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
You’ll survive Mikkis if you’re not english, don’t like to have fun, don’t mind a dirty kitchen and chefs, don’t mind one black dump point for 180 pitches, don’t mind dog shit and loose dogs everywhere, don’t mind an overflowing cesspit, don’t mind waste water being left in open pools, dont mind no investment in facilities that are worn out and breaking, don’t mind pig ignorant lying rude owners, don’t mind being treated like a child, dont mind the bad atmosphere amongst the remaining ‘residents’ for the way they’ve been treated, don’t mind the fact that the whole place is illegal, and don’t mind that it will go bankrupt or be closed down any time soon??

But apart from that you recommend Mikkis then :D

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We have recently moved from Mikkis Place, gone downhill there big time, and are now living on a brand new site at Alcantarilha.
It’s still being built, it’s small ish, but will probably accommodate 30 or so units once the infrastructure is completed. Has a pool, and the boss is building an indoor and outside bar too?
Link is to his FB Page, no web presence as of yet, but I’m happy to provide info?
Anyone visiting the area, route in from the north, NOT through the village?

Parque Rural de Autocaravanas Villa Casa Blanca
Quinta Casalinho da Bela Vista, 8365-023 Alcantarilha, Portugal
+351 916 688 184
Thanks for info Dave ...
Do you have any coords by chance ?

All the best with the new place ...

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
(37.1339366, -8.3472195)

But approach from the NORTH, part of the main (only) road through the village where a sat nav will take you looks like this....

D80E4A9F-23C9-4C25-B18A-8964AF53BB39.png

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp

No we are not Rob&Jen, and we are not meeting them but another couple who overwintered at Turiscampo last year so based on your comments a possible culture shock?
Thanks for the heads up, we may pop down to your new site, see how things go. Is it on Campercontact yet?

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
No we are not Rob&Jen, and we are not meeting them but another couple who overwintered at Turiscampo last year so based on your comments a possible culture shock?
Thanks for the heads up, we may pop down to your new site, see how things go.
Turiscampo is a lovely site, possibly the best on the Algarve, but a tad isolated and transport needed. Great for a few days on acsi card tho for a bit of luxury?

Mikkis is in fact a visually lovely place, but under the surface it’s another story?

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Turiscampo is a lovely site, possibly the best on the Algarve, but a tad isolated and transport needed. Great for a few days on acsi card tho for a bit of luxury?

Mikkis is in fact a visually lovely place, but under the surface it’s another story?
I agree we have stayed 3 times at Turiscampo and will again this trip for a week as we have friends with a villa in Luz so we get some time with them. The out of it I agree with, and when we towed a car it was not an issue, although to be fair with the electric bikes we can easily cycle to Lagos and locals. It is also getting expensive apparantly, I suppose someone has to pay for the new indoor pool!
Up country a bit at the moment at Peniche with the hang five cool guys!!!

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011

Took you long enough to come to that conclusion Dave. :giggler:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
T

Touristcampo is on a bus route but easy cycle or walk into Lagos or Luz,,nice village next door with good restaurant and a few bars. BUSBY :) :)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
OMG .... thought you were there for years to come. But you haven't moved far though. And it looks like it is a bit nearer civilisation. Looks like you can walk to Aldi and the Chinese Supermarket.

But what are you going to do with the patio you laid ??????????
And have you got as big a pitch???

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
We went to Mikki's to evaluate and decided it was not for us. One large flag displaying the cross of St George made it an easy decision.

Snob? Moi?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back