It’s not just the Police you have to worry about😝 (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
During time times of covid is it any wonder that folks are getting a bit twitchy folks not stiking to covid rules and wanting there wee brakes at any cost
They walk among us on this forum i wild camp but at this time would not dream of it better to stay home and help to control this virus
bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 12, 2020
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Accordo 120
Exp
Sept 2019
There was Vlogger on You Tube the other day (Vanlife - I think) had their van graffitied with spray paint.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Well if Police and Vigilantes in Portugal want to clamp down on wildcamping, Covid aside, I would be quite hapy to avail myself of the hundreds of Aires and the like in other countries.

Geoff

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Nothing new under the sun. Years ago locals used to drive past the Motorhome parked overnight on the Sete beach road making as much noise as possible late at night.

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Well if Police and Vigilantes in Portugal want to clamp down on wildcamping, Covid aside, I would be quite hapy to avail myself of the hundreds of Aires and the like in other countries.

Geoff
And theirin lies the solution Geoff, you would avail yourself of an aire (as would I if not on a site). From reading the article it intimates they were camping where camping is banned, little wonder locals get hacked off. Most vloggers I follow going around Spain and Portugal appear to make a point of not staying where camping is specifically banned, and do their best not to upset either locals or police in those areas. There are apparently lots of wilding sites they show that do not have bans.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Nothing new under the sun. Years ago locals used to drive past the Motorhome parked overnight on the Sete beach road making as much noise as possible late at night.

Yes then when the road collapsed into the sea the council built an aire, but it didn't stop the ones revving past it in the early hours and making a racket, and we'd paid for that entertainment ...... you might not have minded had there been a campsite on the coast other than Oltras Freres.

Luna123

Free Member
Nov 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
LDV comvoy
Exp
Don't think so Bonkers ( I know you're probably messing). More likely a smashed up campervan as they were throwing rocks and had spray paint ready. Also they will remember the RV as they were taking photos of number plates and probably target it again at a later time. There was about twenty of them with hoods up and scarfs over their faces so if you take out a weapon it might end up getting used against you.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Don't think so Bonkers ( I know you're probably messing). More likely a smashed up campervan as they were throwing rocks and had spray paint ready. Also they will remember the RV as they were taking photos of number plates and probably target it again at a later time. There was about twenty of them with hoods up and scarfs over their faces so if you take out a weapon it might end up getting used against you.

Were you there when this occurred?

Luna123

Free Member
Nov 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
LDV comvoy
Exp
Yes in one place.

Luna123

Free Member
Nov 23, 2020
Funster No
MH
LDV comvoy
Exp
It could of easily kicked off into something serious with the smallest of sparks..... Think a group of football holligans, it was that kind of energy. Probably mostly cowards on their own. Got the feeling they were mostly surf airheads but hiding behind the group they could be dangerous. If there were ten aggressive Scots that were really prepared to fight, I reckon that would of done the trick because most of them would have bottled it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back