Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
This might suit someone........................

IOW Walk.JPG

To celebrate the Isle of Wight Walking Festival, Wightlink is offering you an exclusive discount on ferry crossings over the festival period.

So if you're looking to join in on the walking events, or you just fancy a few days on the island, you can take advantage of 30% off car crossings (with or without a caravan/trailer), and 60% off motorhome crossings from 27 April to 14 May*.

If you need a place to stay, our Adgestone Club Site is in a great location for accessing the festival's walks and enjoying all the island has to offer.

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
my brother lives in Bembridge and we were there at this time last year, never seen so many people walking at various stages around the island..
But i do have to say that generally, with a few exceptions, the island had deteriorated over the years to become a bit of a dump (like Skeggy). but i suppose its lack of investment.

OP
OP
Popeye

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
the island had deteriorated over the years to become a bit of a dump

I haven't been over since selling the yacht and I never did rate Cowes much but Yarmouth was beautiful.
Terry @FIDGET won't like us criticising his beloved Pile of Sh Isle of Wight or the South Island as the Solent yachties call it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
@Popeye. Sent it to my sister,she goes out walking with...Poles?(n) Walking Poles(n)
Nordic Poles.(No wonder she is a Remainer:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:) Thanks though.
Tea Bag

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Motorhome discount 60% - might make it affordable for a change.

When I was driving for the travel company the tour package incl. free minbus to the airport and that incl. the IoW residents, so we used to take VW T5 Caravelles over and back just to pick them up and then on return. I do not know what it cost because Operations did the booking and paying. I was always surprised the company did not pay for a taxi on the Island and a foot passenger ticket, then we could have picked them up at Portsmouth. I did enjoy the free trips over though.:D

Geoff

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
And for all those who denounce the Isle of Wight as 'Past it' and other derogatory phrases, I give you this business who have, within their sphere of manufacture, a product that not only has won national awards but is, as far as I am aware, the only creator of Watermelon Pickle, (Lovely, No! Bloody gorgeous in a G & T or with Cheese)
Fellow Funsters, I give you;

PS This artisan Co. will be at the Lymington Seafood Festival in August and admission time, Chief Cook and factotum for the business is our daughter.

If you go on her website, (above) you will find a list of events she will be attending on the Island this year.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Where do you stay? Where are the Aires?

But i do have to say that generally, with a few exceptions, the island had deteriorated over the years to become a bit of a dump (like Skeggy). but i suppose its lack of investment.

What do you mean Skeggy? I love Skeggy - everybody should visit Skegvegas once in their lives.
I think all Europeans should spend a day there, there no where like an English seaside resort in the whole world

Deleted User
60% discount only applies to motorhomes under 5m. Are there any under 5m.

Spongy

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
You can get 50% discount through the C&CC if you are a member not sure about C&MC .

Where's the GRRRR !!! button when you want one @Popeye

Oct 17, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
40 years caravanning. New A-class Moho owners
Hi all. To put a few facts to the discussion, I have just paid £135.02 for a return ferry in July. Our Moho is 7.5 metres long. Discount was through C&CC. Mike

Mar 31, 2015
WORCESTER
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 660 merc
Exp
SINCE 2012
Going next week tues- tues £85 return 7.4 m c&cc first Hol of year and many more to come hopefully :) lymington to Yarmouth

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Hi all. To put a few facts to the discussion, I have just paid £135.02 for a return ferry in July. Our Moho is 7.5 metres long. Discount was through C&CC. Mike
Sod that!, I will swimmin it at those prices....now wheres me arm bands:D
Looking forward to the Lymington Food Fess rally though :dance2:
Les

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
Just to add to the discussion :smiley: it's worth having a look at the commercial sites on the island (The Orchards, New bridge for example) they often do really good deals which include cheap ferry fares :smiley:. If you do decide to visit you'll find a very diverse range of things to do year round and a very diverse range of places to visit :smiley: A drive along the Military road is a must and there are plenty of Moho places to park up, enjoy the views and go for walks along the beach or surrounding countryside. Hard to beat in my opinion :smiley: but I am biased of course :smiley:

Mar 31, 2015
WORCESTER
Funster No
MH
Autotrail 660 merc
Exp
SINCE 2012
Just to add to the discussion :smiley: it's worth having a look at the commercial sites on the island (The Orchards, New bridge for example) they often do really good deals which include cheap ferry fares :smiley:. If you do decide to visit you'll find a very diverse range of things to do year round and a very diverse range of places to visit :smiley: A drive along the Military road is a must and there are plenty of Moho places to park up, enjoy the views and go for walks along the beach or surrounding countryside. Hard to beat in my opinion :smiley: but I am biased of course :smiley:

Totally agree I stop at comton farm most times as my friends live in freshwater lovely walks and views s and close to top of downs.

Andy

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just to add to the discussion :smiley: it's worth having a look at the commercial sites on the island (The Orchards, New bridge for example) they often do really good deals which include cheap ferry fares :smiley:.
In case it helps anyone - these are also the Red Funnel deals https://www.redfunnel.co.uk/en/holidays/touring-camping-packages/ from £99 for 3 nights, £134 for 5 nights £134, 10 nights £241 total for ferry & camping pitch with EHU for up to 4 people but only motorhomes up to 6m.
Extra charge for longer motorhomes :
"A surcharge of £11 per leg will apply to all vehicles over 2.7 metres high. For cars or motorhomes over 6 metres in length and cars with caravan/ trailer tent over a combined length of 13 metres a surcharge of £6 per leg for each additional metre will apply."
Some clubs have run long low cost off season breaks on IOW & we will be looking at as much of the island as we can on our day trip from Lymington this summer to see if it might suit a Fun meet or rally.

Last edited:

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
60% discount only applies to motorhomes under 5m. Are there any under 5m.

Spongy

Sorry but you are wrong on this. At the foot of this page https://www.campingandcaravanningcl...CCCE:+Walking+Festival+Ferry+Offer+-+13.03.18

Walking Festival offer valid for any short stay or long break bookings (2 nights or more) to the Isle of Wight between Tuesday 27th April and Monday 14th May. 30% off public car and caravan/trailer offer includes motorhomes up to 5m long and under 2.24m high. 60% off motorhomes offer includes motorhomes over 5m long and 2.25m high. Offer is valid for journeys originating from the mainland only.

Dave

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
In case it helps anyone - these are also the Red Funnel deals https://www.redfunnel.co.uk/en/holidays/touring-camping-packages/ from £99 for 3 nights, £134 for 5 nights £134, 10 nights £241 total for ferry & camping pitch with EHU for up to 4 people but only motorhomes up to 6m.
Extra charge for longer motorhomes :
"A surcharge of £11 per leg will apply to all vehicles over 2.7 metres high. For cars or motorhomes over 6 metres in length and cars with caravan/ trailer tent over a combined length of 13 metres a surcharge of £6 per leg for each additional metre will apply."
Some clubs have run long low cost off season breaks on IOW & we will be looking at as much of the island as we can on our day trip from Lymington this summer to see if it might suit a Fun meet or rally.

The MCC ran a really popular rally at Lower Hyde, Shanklin last couple of years and I think they got a good deal for camping and ferries :smiley: campsite very large and bucket and spade brigade type of holiday but very central and good transport hub for touring the island, either in your van or by bus using a rover ticket if you're young enough to pay ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile: or by rail on the quaint ex-london tubes trains :smiley:

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Sorry but you are wrong on this. At the foot of this page https://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/travelabroad/ferries/ferries-to-isle-of-wight/?utm_source=Sentori&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=CCCE:+Walking+Festival+Ferry+Offer+-+13.03.18

Walking Festival offer valid for any short stay or long break bookings (2 nights or more) to the Isle of Wight between Tuesday 27th April and Monday 14th May. 30% off public car and caravan/trailer offer includes motorhomes up to 5m long and under 2.24m high. 60% off motorhomes offer includes motorhomes over 5m long and 2.25m high. Offer is valid for journeys originating from the mainland only.

Dave
I just checked with my 8.5m motorhome using the link above and it does indeed knock off just over half as being quoted £133 for a 2night crossing which is still way to high but a lot cheaper than paying full price thats for sure. The IOW ferries will need to cut the prices a lot more before i take my MH over there and i cant see that happening seeing as there are only 2 ferry companies in the running.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back