Isle of Wight on the Cheap

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Popeye, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Popeye

Popeye Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +29,177
    This might suit someone........................

IOW Walk.JPG

To celebrate the Isle of Wight Walking Festival, Wightlink is offering you an exclusive discount on ferry crossings over the festival period.

So if you're looking to join in on the walking events, or you just fancy a few days on the island, you can take advantage of 30% off car crossings (with or without a caravan/trailer), and 60% off motorhome crossings from 27 April to 14 May*.

If you need a place to stay, our Adgestone Club Site is in a great location for accessing the festival's walks and enjoying all the island has to offer.

• Like it Like it x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Nice One! Nice One! x 1
  2. TCG

TCG Funster

Ratings:
    +270
    my brother lives in Bembridge and we were there at this time last year, never seen so many people walking at various stages around the island..
    But i do have to say that generally, with a few exceptions, the island had deteriorated over the years to become a bit of a dump (like Skeggy). but i suppose its lack of investment.

• Like it Like it x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Popeye

Popeye Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +29,177
    I haven't been over since selling the yacht and I never did rate Cowes much but Yarmouth was beautiful.
    Terry @FIDGET won't like us criticising his beloved Pile of Sh Isle of Wight or the South Island as the Solent yachties call it.

• Funny Funny x 7
  4. Tea Bag

Tea Bag Funster

Ratings:
    +5,028
    Hi.
    @Popeye. Sent it to my sister,she goes out walking with...Poles?(n) Walking Poles(n)
    Nordic Poles.(No wonder she is a Remainer:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:) Thanks though.
    Tea Bag

• Like it Like it x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. nicholsong

nicholsong Funster

Ratings:
    +2,191
    Motorhome discount 60% - might make it affordable for a change.

When I was driving for the travel company the tour package incl. free minbus to the airport and that incl. the IoW residents, so we used to take VW T5 Caravelles over and back just to pick them up and then on return. I do not know what it cost because Operations did the booking and paying. I was always surprised the company did not pay for a taxi on the Island and a foot passenger ticket, then we could have picked them up at Portsmouth. I did enjoy the free trips over though.:D

Geoff

6. emmitdb

emmitdb Funster

Ratings:
    +3,911
    And for all those who denounce the Isle of Wight as 'Past it' and other derogatory phrases, I give you this business who have, within their sphere of manufacture, a product that not only has won national awards but is, as far as I am aware, the only creator of Watermelon Pickle, (Lovely, No! Bloody gorgeous in a G & T or with Cheese)
    Fellow Funsters, I give you; www.BorneoPantry.com

PS This artisan Co. will be at the Lymington Seafood Festival in August and admission time, Chief Cook and factotum for the business is our daughter.

If you go on her website, (above) you will find a list of events she will be attending on the Island this year.

• Like it Like it x 1
  7. Stealaway

Stealaway Funster

Ratings:
    +3,436
    Where do you stay? Where are the Aires?

What do you mean Skeggy? I love Skeggy - everybody should visit Skegvegas once in their lives.
    I think all Europeans should spend a day there, there no where like an English seaside resort in the whole world

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. spongy

spongy Funster

Ratings:
    +197
    60% discount only applies to motorhomes under 5m. Are there any under 5m.

Spongy

• Like it Like it x 1
  9. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Ratings:
    +8,002
    You can get 50% discount through the C&CC if you are a member not sure about C&MC .

Where's the GRRRR !!! button when you want one @Popeye

• Like it Like it x 1
    • Love it Love it x 1
  10. Ex-caravantugger

Ex-caravantugger Funster

Ratings:
    +743
    Hi all. To put a few facts to the discussion, I have just paid £135.02 for a return ferry in July. Our Moho is 7.5 metres long. Discount was through C&CC. Mike

• Like it Like it x 1
  11. LOOSE WHEEL

LOOSE WHEEL Funster

Ratings:
    +428
    Going next week tues- tues £85 return 7.4 m c&cc first Hol of year and many more to come hopefully :) lymington to Yarmouth

• Like it Like it x 1
  12. Ex-caravantugger

Ex-caravantugger Funster

Ratings:
    +743
    Great price. How did you book? Mike

13. Bill_OR

Bill_OR Funster

Ratings:
    +1,463
    Oi! Not just @FIDGET! I may not live there now but it's still my 'home' you're talking about!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. LOOSE WHEEL

LOOSE WHEEL Funster

Ratings:
    +428
    Hi mike Just ring white link and book buy phone can,t do it on line.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. nicholsong

nicholsong Funster

Ratings:
    +2,191
    What a con:mad:

16. TinaL

TinaL Funster

Ratings:
    +2,538
    Sod that!, I will swimmin it at those prices....now wheres me arm bands:D
    Looking forward to the Lymington Food Fess rally though :dance2:
    Les

• Like it Like it x 3
  17. 2spritelyislanders

2spritelyislanders Funster

Ratings:
    +923
    Just to add to the discussion :smiley: it's worth having a look at the commercial sites on the island (The Orchards, New bridge for example) they often do really good deals which include cheap ferry fares :smiley:. If you do decide to visit you'll find a very diverse range of things to do year round and a very diverse range of places to visit :smiley: A drive along the Military road is a must and there are plenty of Moho places to park up, enjoy the views and go for walks along the beach or surrounding countryside. Hard to beat in my opinion :smiley: but I am biased of course :smiley:

• Like it Like it x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. LOOSE WHEEL

LOOSE WHEEL Funster

Ratings:
    +428
    Totally agree I stop at comton farm most times as my friends live in freshwater lovely walks and views s and close to top of downs.

Andy

• Like it Like it x 2
  19. Wombles

Wombles Funster

Ratings:
    +4,338
    In case it helps anyone - these are also the Red Funnel deals https://www.redfunnel.co.uk/en/holidays/touring-camping-packages/ from £99 for 3 nights, £134 for 5 nights £134, 10 nights £241 total for ferry & camping pitch with EHU for up to 4 people but only motorhomes up to 6m.
    Extra charge for longer motorhomes :
    "A surcharge of £11 per leg will apply to all vehicles over 2.7 metres high. For cars or motorhomes over 6 metres in length and cars with caravan/ trailer tent over a combined length of 13 metres a surcharge of £6 per leg for each additional metre will apply."
    Some clubs have run long low cost off season breaks on IOW & we will be looking at as much of the island as we can on our day trip from Lymington this summer to see if it might suit a Fun meet or rally.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  20. Doctor Dave

Doctor Dave Funster

Ratings:
    +1,535

Sorry but you are wrong on this. At the foot of this page https://www.campingandcaravanningcl...CCCE:+Walking+Festival+Ferry+Offer+-+13.03.18

Walking Festival offer valid for any short stay or long break bookings (2 nights or more) to the Isle of Wight between Tuesday 27th April and Monday 14th May. 30% off public car and caravan/trailer offer includes motorhomes up to 5m long and under 2.24m high. 60% off motorhomes offer includes motorhomes over 5m long and 2.25m high. Offer is valid for journeys originating from the mainland only.

Dave

• Thanks Thanks x 1