Free Member
Jul 3, 2016
Crowthorne
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Camanche
Exp
I'm a newbie
Can anyone advise best route and any promotions available for Isle of Wight ferry travel I have Autotrail Camanche 8.75 m for August 1week
Thanks in advance

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Have a look at the Red Funnel website. They offer a combined ferry and camping deal. Please be aware that the Solent is an expensive strip of water to cross.
Brisey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
In my experience Red Funnel are usually cheaper (and much nicer people to deal with) but Wightlink do have a deal with the C&CC that can save you money and you can use Tesco vouchers at 3 to 1 with them.

The problem is that you have to make the booking on the 'phone and that means you do not get the online price.

Also Wightlink must be Spanish because they do not allow TOADS and insist on 2 separate tickets (at full price).

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
In my experience Red Funnel are usually cheaper (and much nicer people to deal with) but Wightlink do have a deal with the C&CC that can save you money and you can use Tesco vouchers at 3 to 1 with them.

The problem is that you have to make the booking on the 'phone and that means you do not get the online price.

Also Wightlink must be Spanish because they do not allow TOADS and insist on 2 separate tickets (at full price).

Wightlink now accept bookings online for the tesco clubcard, it is really the only way to get over the IOW cheap. We moved off 10 years ago but all our family live there and it costs us a fortune everytime we go back even for a day. I prefer wightlink as it is shorter but they are usually more expensive, there is also a 25%discoount code for wightlink but you need to travel by end of this month. Red Funnel have quite a few promotions but usually only 15 or 20% but every little helps.

NO idea why they didnt allow you with your toad as i took mine over there in January with no issues, i just booked it as a trailer with the correct length.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi,I live on the Island,
Ferry costs quite expensive ,
Both Wightlink & Red Funnel offer deals (not good)
You can use Tesco points to pay
I always book through camping & caravan club then get 50 % off full ticket price (the Caravan club do similar)
A lot of campsites offer inclusive prices ,by booking x number of nights with them they get preferential rates & put that into the inclusive price.
Beware at the end of August there is a Festival on ,( early on in Sept )
& prices on ferries near that date go up double!!!!!
Anything else I can help with just ask.
Terry

Movinon

Free Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Lots
I use the discount from the Camping and Caravanning Club. This gives me a simple 40%+ discount with Whitelink, so a single one-way crossing saves me the entire years membership fee. An absolute bargain. The Caravan Club advertises a lower discount (20%) but it may only be linked to a package deal at their own CPs - I haven't investigated it.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
I use the discount from the Camping and Caravanning Club. This gives me a simple 40%+ discount with Whitelink, so a single one-way crossing saves me the entire years membership fee. An absolute bargain. The Caravan Club advertises a lower discount (20%) but it may only be linked to a package deal at their own CPs - I haven't investigated it.

Hi @Movinon ,
actually c&cc & cc you get 50% off the full price (not off the IoW motorhome rate)
Where are you based on the island ?, I am in Carisbrooke.
I agree with you ,cost of membership to either club is saved after a couple of crossings. We go over about 5 times a year.
Terry

Movinon

Free Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Lots
Seaview. I couldn't be bothered to do the sum but last time I went across the one-way cost was about £43.60 though the full fare one-way was £79. Membership of the C&CC is £45.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back