Isle of Skye (1 Viewer)

Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
Heading over to Skye today it’s a first visit for us can anyone recommend any nice quite stops, don’t need any facilities just a nice view & maybe recommendations for eating out.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Check out
www.searchforsites.co.uk
for the full picture. There are a few sites and a few wilding places. We had a look at the new one just outside Portree on the road to Uig and it looked nice enough but decided to push on to the Uig Bay campsite right on the ferry terminal as we were sailing to Harris next day
The C&CC site is nicely located. There is a LPG pump at the filling station in Uig if you need it.
The Slighachan campsite is in a beautiful location with the hotel next to it if you want a drink.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
.. great location, right on the beach.. campsite is good but you can park outside .. visit the fairy pools on the way..

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years
If it's off site there's a layby which looks to be part of the old road at Sligachan. As you approach the campsite the roads forks into two , take left hand fork and the entrance to the layby is just before you crest out at top of rise. Stopped there for lunch on way to Dunvegan , but didn't stay overnight . No signs when I was there.
Kinloch as mentioned above is a nice site , local bakery in village makes excellent bread , different shop sells really good cakes , and cafe/bisto at petrol station good food.
I would also go to the Edinbane Inn if you're their on a Sunday , they have local musicians come in and a great afternoon is had by all , if I remember correctly , my son and I went in at 1pm and left after midnight so memories a bit hazy(y). They never know how many musicians will turn up , around 15 when we were there. Think they go Tuesday evenings as well. They might allow you to overnight in car park . Fish and chips were brilliant , fish was a relative of Moby Dick, filled the plate.
Hope you enjoy your trip.
John

OP
OP
Edenside
Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
Thank you for all your advice. We travelled to Uig & decided to carry on via the A855 well the scenery was fantastic but the road was awful. We have done single track & passing places in Scotland & have no problem with that but the pot holes were horrendous so if the A863 & A850 are In the same condition I think we will give it a miss. Shame as Skye is lovely.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back