LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I am anti social, haha. It’s true what they say, it’s a good job we are not all the same.
Oh dear! You'd never survive in The Isles. The locals know what you've had for your breakfast before you've even finished it they're that friendly.:whistle2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Oh dear! You'd never survive in The Isles. The locals know what you've had for your breakfast before you've even finished it they're that friendly.:whistle2:
Anti social in more not living to close etc together. I did like islay for the friendly welcome and passing of the day. I don’t think I would like it there for the whiskey festival, to many people.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
who is making what up. It’s people like you Who will not be welcome on the islands.

LINK from cal Mac ferry website.

Scottish Government Pre-Departure Rapid Lateral Flow Test FAQs​

Do I need to test for Covid-19 prior to travel?​

From 26 April 2021, customers who plan to travel to Scotland's islands are encouraged by the Scottish Government to take a lateral flow test three days before travel and on the day of departure.
This is a voluntary process and is part of a national approach on universal lateral flow testing - as outlined by the Scottish Government. It aims to prevent the spread of Covid-19 and to reduce the risk of coronavirus being brought into island communities by those who are unaware they are infectious.
You are not required to present proof of a negative Covid-19 test prior to travel with CalMac. However, in line with Scottish Government public health guidance, anyone who has tested positive, or has been identified as a close contact of someone who has tested positive, must not travel.
If your test result is negative, you must continue to follow our safer travel rules - including practicing physical distancing and wearing a face covering, which is mandatory, unless you are exempt.
This invitation is extended to all passengers from Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland, travelling to the Scottish islands from 26 April 2021.
For more details on this national programme and information on how to access testing kits, please visit the gov.scot website

Who is making it up.
Yes it’s not law. Do you think the islanders will welcome you for refusing to test. 🤪
Order your tickets please. They can refuse travel on their ferry’s to anybody for any reason. Try it.

.if it’s not the law then it’s you making it up as a rule. Just as I said earlier. You claimed that one must have a negative test three days prior and one day prior to travel. That’s clearly not the rule as you yourself has admitted. Therefore you have obviously made it up. It’s not now a rule. It’s not difficult.

Janecambridge

Free Member
Jan 14, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
3months
Booked outer Hebrides for June-Ferries and sites, the sites getting booked more than normal.

Aug 25, 2016
Taynuilt, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Starline
Exp
Village idiot
.if it’s not the law then it’s you making it up as a rule. Just as I said earlier. You claimed that one must have a negative test three days prior and one day prior to travel. That’s clearly not the rule as you yourself has admitted. Therefore you have obviously made it up. It’s not now a rule. It’s not difficult.
What planet are you on. I made nothing up show me what you said I made up. I’m only quoting from the guidance. And if you think you don’t need to follow the guidelines to protect the islands from Covid. I hope you don’t come up to see them. As you clearly don’t care. It’s people like you that make things so band another lockdown could happen. Please show me anything I said that was made up. Please dig your hole bigger for me. 🍆😊

Last edited:

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Also you need to do 2 instant tests one 3 days before travel and one the day of travel to get to the islands. 😷🥃👍
You say here that one NEEDS to do two tests. Not true, it’s a recommendation. None of the results will be asked for by anyone.
Rules are things one MUST do.
Recommendations are things that someone would like others to do.
Do you not understand the difference?

Jul 26, 2018
Funster No
You say here that one NEEDS to do two tests. Not true, it’s a recommendation. None of the results will be asked for by anyone.
It’s a bit like a queue for the post office. It’s not a law to stand and wait you’re turn but some people think it’s okay just to walk to the front and ignore everybody else. Guidelines are what are expected to be maintained in most situations. It's when people don’t follow them that situations usually develop into what the guidelines tried to ensure didn’t happen.

If you are travelling or visiting other areas it is usual to have the courtesy to do as you are asked, but........

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
But did you not see this message when you booked your ferry ?
View attachment 491700
As others have said its a request, not a requirement, its up to people to decide whether they want to do it.

Also you need to do 2 instant tests one 3 days before travel and one the day of travel to get to the islands. 😷🥃👍
Well I’ve just looked on every website I can think of and it would appear that you are making that rule up. Currently there is a restriction on travel to the outer Hebrides. Absolutely no mention of testing being required. The restriction on travel is soon to be lifted and tourists will be welcome once again.
I think I’ll take notice of these travel Scotland type sites.
I can't believe you of all people fell for that! :LOL:

Oh dear ... do you feel a bit of a 'silly Billy'? :rofl:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We were thinking of going to Mull but instead if we do decide to 'hop' about we'll go a bit further up to Skelmorlie and jump across to Rothsay on Bute followed by a crossing from Rhubadoch back onto the mainland at Colintraive to save a very, very long drive round, it'll depend on how I'm getting on health-wise as we don't want to end up being to far from home in case we need to be back in a hurry for me, or indeed for my Mum.

1620031182099.png

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
If we get out in the van I think it will be next year before we go up to arran as don’t fancy being on a ferry with people till all are vaccinated

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Not sure I would like a couple of hours like that, may be crossing at the shorter crossing to arran might be the answer
It tends to be the shorter routes, maybe up to half an hour quay - quay, that "stay in vehicle" is the norm.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
As you say, it is the local recommendation and not a legislation.(y)
What's more important to me is will you, and others who will visit our islands, be following the recommendation given the potential implications on the residents?:unsure:

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
You're either completely missing the point or choosing to take a blinkered view.
How many hospitals do you think are on the Western Isles ? How many ICU beds do you think there are ? And what do you think happens when someone needs to be transported to the mainland ?
Now .. .are you beginning to understand why numbers are being controlled ?

OP
OP
kimndon
Aug 2, 2019
Hapton, Burnley
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
Since 2007
This morning we arrived in Mull - Tobermory from Kilchoan. When investigating the ferry it was said that the ferry company would ask if you had a campsite booked. So we booked our first night at Salen Bay Camping.
On the ferry nobody asked about our destinations, Campsites or anything. Just very friendly.
I feel, like every reasonable person, they are beginning to ‘get a life’.
I have not heard anything about tests and, let’s face it, there are very few people and gatherings here. We feel totally safe but extremely wind blown today.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Just now having a texting chat with a mate up there. The so called rules have never been such. Just an idea. He has just told me that the ferry guys have never checked with anyone re campsite bookings. We don’t use sites much when touring so will actually be more isolated by wilding than being crammed in on a site.

Jul 26, 2018
Funster No

Testing is advice and a request from the Scottish govt to protect vulnerable island communities. I wouldn’t expect people working on ferries or campsites to be enforcing legislation.

It’s up to everybody to ensure the safety of themselves and others. It seems to be the ‘polite’ thing to do when visiting these areas. Some people will get that, others not.

Mar 17, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
Since 2007
We are booked at Crannich in a few weeks? What is the site and area like please?

Jul 9, 2017
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
landscaper very nice and quite and I think only 8 pitches lots of wild life we are parked next to a pond with a goose nesting on the island. We have been here 4 nights no problems. Make sure you have nothing loose on your van as the road to get here has seen better days.:giggle:
20210508_192258.jpg
20210508_192207.jpg
20210508_192229.jpg
20210508_192307.jpg

Mar 17, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
Since 2007
Oh thanks for that info. As for the roads we are in Devon and roads in terrible state with pot holes so think It will be home from home!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back