Rally Chat Island bed removal (1 Viewer)

May 12, 2016
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
I have a Rapido with an island bed, sadly I am now a widow and the fact is that the bed is big.It dominates the back end of the van and makes getting into the wardrobes difficult. Has anyone removed the frame or any idea how they are fastened?
Thanks

Attachments

• oxlcz%gORX2gNc%g+gZzHg.jpg
    oxlcz%gORX2gNc%g+gZzHg.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 15
  • zkqfqFDDTlyr3fhSDDWT5w.jpg
    zkqfqFDDTlyr3fhSDDWT5w.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 16
  • k1PolysxQJKzhn34lweVYQ.jpg
    k1PolysxQJKzhn34lweVYQ.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 16
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
From what I remember of our island bed in a Hymer Exsis I it would be quite a lot of work as there were cupboards underneath and wardrobes at each side with a garage at the rear.?

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
We have a Rapido with an island bed. It is height adjustable with a handle. The higher you have the bed, the more room in the garage under it.

The only way I can see to do what you want is to take out the bed and both wardrobes. Replace it with a single bed across the back ( where the wardrobes were) but with the slats at the height of the side tables ( so you still had a large garage.) Then you could build a large wardrobe each side between the toilet and the bed on one side and/or the shower and the bed on the other side. If your leisure batteries are currently under the bed you could box them in with a lift up flap on top and use it as a step up to the bed. Quite a lot of work and would probably devalue your Moho. Might be better to swap it with the poster above!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back