Isis To Target Brits In Spain (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
The "poll" in the link given in the OP is a bit disturbing. The answer yes to the question would you go to Spain suggests you would go because there is nothing to worry about. This isn't true. I would go back to Spain but I certainly wouldn't think there was nothing to worry about.

The 2004 Madrid train bombings killed 191 and injured 1800 and was al Qaeda inspired so Spain is no stranger to terrorism.

But they, the terrorists, could and do strike anywhere. Paris or London aren't safe and neither is Spain.

The article is useful in that it might help folk realise no where is 100% safe, though the Oval Office in The White House probably comes fairly close but for the rest of us I can only suggest being sensible and keep your eyes open.

Call me paranoid but I still look around me in public places. Someone with a rucksack? Watch them. Someone looking out of place? Watch them too.

In this country the security services are not allowed to use "ethnic profiling" but the Israelis have no problem with it and neither should you.

I'm so sad that while sitting in a hospital waiting room last week on the anniversary of 7/7 I was keeping tabs on the others in the room! Not in an obsessive way I hasten to add, but I really don't think anywhere is safe anymore.

As Chris' experience supports.

Sleep safe everyone!
I do exactly the same, can't help it, covertly checking everyone, I even plan exit routes etc. I think its more a subconscious thing as it doesn't cause me any concern or stress just a process I go through. :) nice to know I'm not the only one, I'm worse than Nige and he's ex Mil.

Lin :)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Jeeeezzzzz...

37 poor, unlucky folk tragically got shot and killed on one Tunisian holiday beach...

How many folk didn't get shot on that beach or any of the other ones?

People worry themselves sick about danger from terrorists, yet hop in their cars and drive off down the road without a thought.

I strongly suspect I know which holds the greater threat to their well being.

JJ :cool:

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Jeeeezzzzz...
37 poor, unlucky folk tragically got shot and killed on one Tunisian holiday beach...
People worry themselves sick about danger from terrorists, yet hop in their cars and drive off down the road without a thought.

Logical................ but cars are rarely used to deliberately murder people..... certainly not so many

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ethle the wondervan

Free Member
Mar 13, 2015
Peak District
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
One year
I heard that man from Bristol once shot a bloke outside a Glasgow pub. You can say what you like about the rights and wrongs of this sort of violence but in my book that was a bloody good shot!!!

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Jeeeezzzzz...

I agree JJ, but my daughter is a bit special to be honest.

She is away for 2 nights and I am a bit lost

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I don't think Spain is at risk from an ISIS armada.
We have Gibraltar and the Royal Navy between North Africa and Spain!

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Lean on the Saudis, get them to rein in Wasabisism and Isis will wither away over night. Trouble is we love them, their money and their oil. The Bush family, our government and our Royal family continue to fĂŞte them even though their behaviour is as brutal and medieval as that of Isis.

Dick

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Logical................ but cars are rarely used to deliberately murder people..... certainly not so many

...but my point is... you are in much more danger of being injured or killed driving your car than you are from a terrorist attack...

Whether cars are used to "deliberately murder people" or not is irrelevant.

(Not counting car bombs of course.)

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
I was told that the Germans started this story , to keep the brits out of Benidorm. :pinocchio::devil:

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
I wont lose any sleep over this supposed threat! I spend more time here in the Costa Del Golf, than I do in the UK!
Spain and especially Andaluz have lived close to Africa for a lot of years, even having two enclaves on the African coast, so security here has always been pretty good!
Somebody mentioned in another thread that there seem to be a lot of Police down here!
Well there are and they are all armed! A police helicopter patrols up and down this coast every day, ostensibly looking for smugglers and anything else that looks a bit suspicious.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I wont lose any sleep over this supposed threat! I spend more time here in the Costa Del Golf, than I do in the UK!
Spain and especially Andaluz have lived close to Africa for a lot of years, even having two enclaves on the African coast, so security here has always been pretty good!
Somebody mentioned in another thread that there seem to be a lot of Police down here!
Well there are and they are all armed! A police helicopter patrols up and down this coast every day, ostensibly looking for smugglers and anything else that looks a bit suspicious.
Thanks for resurrecting this thread. I read my post quoted above which said Paris wasn't safe. Subsequent events seem to have supported this view.

I'm not trying to be alarmist but if you think you are safe anywhere in Europe you are naive. :) The risk is small but it is there. Be watchful!

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Whoops, didn't look at the date, but non the less a timely reminder to keep safe out there.
I wasn't saying that it is safe here, just that I'm not worried!

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
...but my point is... you are in much more danger of being injured or killed driving your car than you are from a terrorist attack...

Whether cars are used to "deliberately murder people" or not is irrelevant.

(Not counting car bombs of course.)

Oh come on! Your much more likely to be killed in your car than anything!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Ah! The Daily Star........right.:D
On a par with The Mail and Express,,,oh why do people buy these fantasy papers,,,BUSBY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back