Is your van getting too hot? (1 Viewer)

Apr 11, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Been driving around in my new works van recently and have noticed how hot it's getting since I changed from white to dark met grey, starting to regret paying extra now the metallic grey. It obviously doesn't have any insulation so really heats up in the sun.

How do those with dark coloured MH find it in the heat, especially black and even the Lanzarote Grey? (which looks great btw) Is the insulation good enough that the colour makes little difference?

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Been driving around in my new works van recently and have noticed how hot it's getting since I changed from white to dark met grey, starting to regret paying extra now the metallic grey. It obviously doesn't have any insulation so really heats up in the sun.

How do those with dark coloured MH find it in the heat, especially black and even the Lanzarote Grey? (which looks great btw) Is the insulation good enough that the colour makes little difference?
Try a black window van !

I didn’t have much choice at the time of buying .

524B2EC8-3719-418F-BDC0-A315E555FBEC.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
My Compactline is very pale grey although I see that Carthago have now switched to white in the past couple of years. The roof is white though, at least the bit that doesn't have black solar panels! Any tin box is going to get hot, no matter how good the insulation, although I think it is the windows that let the heat in.

Upvote 0

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
I once had a navy blue car. That learned me never to have a dark paint colour again. Even on mildly sunny spring days it was uncomfortable.

MH, a silver metallic paint PVC seems as good as it's going to get, and can't see that white would make much improvement. There is insulation but driving needs the air con on a sunny summery day, but parked up usually side door and rooflights open is enough to keep it nice.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back