Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
And mine reminds me of many free Aires..
Some are like that but at least you then have the option of moving on, not so easy (on the wallet) if you've paid for your pitch for a few weeks!

Jenowen

Free Member
Aug 2, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
I not all Spanish sites are like this, there are plenty where you have space, trees and brilliant clean facilities. And they’re available at ACSI rates or other long term discounts. These rates tend to work out around the same price as the new ‘cheaper’ camper parks where you really are rammed in.
However, the sites with fewer pitches and more space are possibly further out of towns and attractions. I’m thinking about sites like Ribamar, 2k out of Alcossebre, Los Escullos 2k from San José.
It all depends what you’re looking for outside your campsite.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I don’t see the attraction of going to France and Spain especially from what people say, dirty crowded and very expensive, I wouldn’t bother going......

Graham of Madrid

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
Mc Louis Glamys 40
Exp
Since 2019
I don't think that's a fair comment. I camp alternate weekends here in Spain and mostly they are clean and spacious. I haven't found one that I wouldn't go back to.

18 Euro/night off peak and about 30 Euro high season with a choice of four very inviting swimming pools in which to cool off when it hits 32 degrees C. Most camp sites here have hedges between the 90 sq m pitches. A lot of the sites we visited in the summer were not full and you could choose which pitch you wanted. Most of the pitches had their own individual fresh water tap and a drain for your grey.

I think I'd prefer that to your cold, wet August Bank holiday weekend back in the UK, of course assuming you haven't been stuck for hours in the rain snarled up in a traffic jam

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I don't think that's a fair comment. I camp alternate weekends here in Spain and mostly they are clean and spacious. I haven't found one that I wouldn't go back to.

I’d much rather spend hours sitting in traffic waiting to get to a site in the uk where I have to park very close to a white stick and charged a small fortune for the pleasure of waiting outside the disabled toilet for some able bodied git to come out while sitting in the rain.... then going to the cafe and charged £5 for a beer and £6.25 for crapachino coffee....

What is there not to like....?

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
There are nice and even lovely sites in Spain.

But alas lots of other North Europeans know them as well.

Best site, but I have never stayed there, but only one I have viewed - La Colina near Albir - it is always and I mean almost always fully booked :(

<Broken link removed>

Next best - and we stay here every time we visit Spain - Los Madrillas

Love this place - friendly place, great management, some huge pitches :D

Stay on the RH side as you go into the site - some of the pitches are large RV friendly.

We love Spain - even the pokey little pitch sites have friendly management or great bars/restaurants.

Pretty well never go anywhere else nowadays. :)
Dont tell everyone,,BUSBY?

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
If you have never been you will never know..I will try anywhere once,,same with food .BUSBY??

Oh I’m trying busby ..... we spend around 5mths over the water a year and am over here now going down to the Camarque ....I’ve drunk their wine eaten their food and been bitten to death by their mozzies ..... I’ll give it a chance and spend the next 20yrs going over but I’ll say it again....
“If I was someone else I wouldn’t bother going”.. ?

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Is that Campsites in general or this one in particular,?

Not the ones I have been to. Some were cheap campsites and some very posh, but none of them were like this one. You probably pick up the exception of the area.

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
A few mentions of Marjal earlier.

I like the site. It's huge, good bar and restaurant, looks quite child friendly and their new pool area with cabins is pretty impressive but what else do people do there? Especially long termers?
There is absolutely nothing of interest around it. A small village (I forget the name) just bout a mile away but not much in it. I cycled a bit further up to Crevillente last time I was there but wasn't impressed and everywhere else around the site is barren.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Don’t like campsites, usually crowded, can’t arrive before a certain time, have to leave before a certain time, pay a lot for not a lot!

Graham of Madrid

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
Mc Louis Glamys 40
Exp
Since 2019
This year we went to the Marjal sites in Crevillente and Guardamar and they are both great for kids which is essential for us. We were there peak of the season and it was comfortable, not too busy as these sites are huge and accommodating.

These are not places for long-termers or couples during the peak but there are plenty of alternatives for them.

Graham of Madrid

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
Mc Louis Glamys 40
Exp
Since 2019

Looks uninviting BUT it's on 300m from the beach and it's very reasonably priced. Good for those on a budget with families who will spend a low-budget month there using the free facilities exclusively and making a lot of noise late at night. The tripadvisor reviews are not great

Not our cup of tea, maybe I'm a snob

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
You what??
Yep a dump, we stayed one night in the back section which had large muddy puddles and you had to walk round to the overgrown rundown main site for the toilets and showers. Moved to Los Pinos the next day.

Last edited:

Phil 748

Free Member
May 21, 2019
Newark Notts
Funster No
MH
AS Nuevo ES 06
Exp
Don't know where you went, but we have been here for the last 3 years nothing like what you say

missmollie

Free Member
Jul 30, 2008
Warrington
Funster No
MH
Knaus SUN TI
Exp
since 2006
We have stayed on playa marazzion campsite and loved it,fantastic dog friendly beach right outside the gate. Not much in the little village nearby but Puerto de Mazarrón a10 minute bike ride away is nice.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Don't know where you went, but we have been here for the last 3 years nothing like what you say
... obviously he must look well dodgy so he got the tradesman entrance/pitch!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back