Is this the ultimate mini A class? (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
What's a 'Fia-Duaaato'???

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Very nice, small(er) is definitely beautiful in my book.
However when I showed this to my wife, she said it wasn't much better than our 14 year old Inca!

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
It is identical to mine. I don't have the duo bed just a drop down double but of course mine is 8.6metres so I have two singles or a 7 foot double at the back over a humungous garage.

The seating layout is identical as is the galley apart from the bin position. Nothing flimsy anywhere. door furniture is let into the door like your doors at home, everything is a step up from the norm in terms of quality. Mine has the Alde heating system though, I couldn't go back to warm air.

Oh and more impotantly Mercedes power train with drive off the field RWDrive.

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Nice to see a loung you can lounge in some are just useless. I have looked at hundreds of vans and I believe what I would like isn't out there. Just as well because the money isn't here either.

Sep 24, 2013
Torbay, Devon
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1992
Great van (for a FWD) but I wish he would keep his hands still, instead of waving them about all the time...

How crirical of me is that?

JJ :cool:

He went to the same school as Tony Blair, the only way to shut them up is to tie their hands together

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Bit surprised that they have launched a van of this size over the 3500kg break point.

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Answer: no.
Because it costs the wrong side of eighty thousand pounds just to buy, before any extras etc.
Buy a good used MH for 25,000 and used the 55,000 saved to fund all your travels over the next 10 years.

I hear what your saying but how far you going to get on 2.500 a year ?

Last edited:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I like that, alot:love: especially the end bathroom. No silly tec tower but you do have a decent size fridge freezer. Using the beds with the extensions would be annoying as you'd have to make them up every night.

Interesting that my 8 yr old Adria vision a class which is also 6.5m shares some of the same features. I do have a garage though.

Nice van though:)

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
I like that, alot:love: especially the end bathroom. No silly tec tower but you do have a decent size fridge freezer. Using the beds with the extensions would be annoying as you'd have to make them up every night.

Interesting that my 8 yr old Adria vision a class which is also 6.5m shares some of the same features. I do have a garage though.

Nice van though:)

Have you got the extremly rare large lounge Debs ?

Last edited:

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
I hear what your saying but how far you going to get on 2.500 a year ?

Who said anything about Ā£2,500 a year?

Ā£55,000 spent over ten years is Ā£5,500 per year.
(In fact a little more in reality given that the remaining capital will appreciate annually somewhat if invested).

That'll get you a LONG LONG way.

One example.
We are based in Spain but tour all over mainland Europe extensively every year, in 3 or 4 big chunks of time, lasting perhaps 6 to 8 weeks each tour.
Mostly Aires and wild camping, but with a very occasional ACSI campsite night thrown in.
The costs of that entire 6 months motorhome touring (apart from food, which we'd be buying anyway) is generally about ā‚¬6,000, so about ā‚¬1,000 a month. That includes diesel for the MH and petrol for the 125cc scooter we use a lot whilst away.

But that gross spend is before we deduct the costs of electricity, gas and water that we are saving by not being in the villa for those approx 6 months. Thus net additional cost is perhaps ā‚¬700 euros per month away in the MH.

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
I was at CamperUK last Thurs...

They have a lot stock and some very similar that Frankia but can't remember the make.... but pricey ... starting at 88k!..
IMG_4115.JPG

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
The costs of that entire 6 months motorhome touring (apart from food, which we'd be buying anyway) is generally about ā‚¬6,000, so about ā‚¬1,000 a month. That includes diesel for the MH and petrol for the 125cc scooter we use a lot whilst away.
That goes along with my recent adventure. I know there was a discussion on here on how much it would cost and figures flying around between Ā£100/150 a day!!!!
We've just done 6 weeks in France, Switzerland and Italy and costs around Ā£2300 including train, diesel, Aires, campsites (a few ACSI) and tourist trains (one steam train and one panoramic (Puy de Dome) and all food, beer, wine whilst away and around 15 gallons of wine back and meals out. The overall cost was for me, Janet and Pepper.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Have you got the extremly rare large lounge Debs ?
Unfortunately not Paul, what layout/size are you looking for?
Off the top of my head there's the hymer that Carol/ cliffandger /neilfg with large lounges.
Or if you can go to about 7m I know there's a frankia with a rear bathroom which ine of the traders on here had at Malvern at the last western show. He Gave us a tour round. Or theres a new burstner at 7m with rear washroom/garage/wardrobe.

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
And I don't think that Frankia 'pioneered' the double floor. The Yanks had that well before Frankia.

Craig

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
That goes along with my recent adventure. I know there was a discussion on here on how much it would cost and figures flying around between Ā£100/150 a day!!!!
We've just done 6 weeks in France, Switzerland and Italy and costs around Ā£2300 including train, diesel, Aires, campsites (a few ACSI) and tourist trains (one steam train and one panoramic (Puy de Dome) and all food, beer, wine whilst away and around 15 gallons of wine back and meals out. The overall cost was for me, Janet and Pepper.
... for us 45 days away usually costs us about Ā£1,200 all in (including dogs) with about half of it being fuel, the only extra cost is for any stuff we want to bring home such as wine, pressies etc ... we don't use campsites, mainly aires and wild-camp and don't usually eat out as we like to be in out of the way places where there's often nothing around.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I was at CamperUK last Thurs...

They have a lot stock and some very similar that Frankia but can't remember the make.... but pricey ... starting at 88k!..

Looks like Carthargo from the logo on one of the MHs

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
... for us 45 days away usually costs us about Ā£1,200 all in (including dogs) with about half of it being fuel, the only extra cost is for any stuff we want to bring home such as wine, pressies etc ... we don't use campsites, mainly aires and wild-camp and don't usually eat out as we like to be in out of the way places where there's often nothing around.
Tbf, we did spend a bit on campsites and did around 4000 miles.
That's the sort of money we'd like to be spending but cost Ā£236 for train alone (and caught early one back @Ā£29.00. Tourist trains cost around Ā£75.00 and Swiss vignette Ā£32.00 plus other bits and bobs.
The Switzerland/Italy part was unplanned.

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Who said anything about Ā£2,500 a year?

Ā£55,000 spent over ten years is Ā£5,500 per year.
(In fact a little more in reality given that the remaining capital will appreciate annually somewhat if invested).

That'll get you a LONG LONG way.

One example.
We are based in Spain but tour all over mainland Europe extensively every year, in 3 or 4 big chunks of time, lasting perhaps 6 to 8 weeks each tour.
Mostly Aires and wild camping, but with a very occasional ACSI campsite night thrown in.

But that gross spend is before we deduct the costs of electricity, gas and water that we are saving by not being in the villa for those approx 6 months. Thus net additional cost is perhaps ā‚¬700 euros per month away in the MH.

Ah my mistake please accept my apolagy I misread blame my phone or the fact I wasnt wearing readers or I jumped in too quick. Sounds like your having a great time btw I must admit to being a little jealous one day I may be so fortunate.

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Unfortunately not Paul, what layout/size are you looking for?
Off the top of my head there's the hymer that Carol/ cliffandger /neilfg with large lounges.
Or if you can go to about 7m I know there's a frankia with a rear bathroom which ine of the traders on here had at Malvern at the last western show. He Gave us a tour round. Or theres a new burstner at 7m with rear washroom/garage/wardrobe.

In all fairness I really like what we have but something newer one day would be nice it would have to tick lots of boxes. In our van it has a transverse which is ok at moment but could become a problem so singles or island be nice. Bride would like a little more food prep area that appears to be tuff to find also and I would like to keep the same size lounge we have now. Ours is also a lowline which I like but wouldnt say no to a A,Class I would like a massive payload and room for a scooter I do have a garage but think some scooters be tight.

this is my layout in a 8.2 metre tag
https://goo.gl/images/htqXuD

After visiting Chelstons this weekend that had lots of very expensive vans and some top top models the layouts in my opinion were dismal. The only van the bride and I liked was a Burstner Elegance thast was almost same layout as ours 2 years newer and over twice the price.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back