LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
OK, I know I'm a wuss that can't make up my mind, but would appreciate your knowledge!

Been offered high mileage, not french registered, no MOT & a van riddled with damp!

This one: http://www.vacancesloisirs.fr/ci-elegant-380-ar-905-pk.phtml

Equivelent £16,500.
Year 2000, 80,000 kms.

Has had timing belt replaced, looks totally sound to me. Engine quiet, nothing nasty from the exhaust. Has everything I want in it already--a reversing camera, solar panel, an oven, a nice shower room, awning. Tyres are perfect.

He won't budge on price and will only give a 3 month warranty (but the dealer who was offering me a years warranty on another vehicle was trying to sell me one with mould on the walls!)

It's £16,500. Fair price? I have to pay about €300 on top of this for registration but that'll be same on any vehicle.

I am spending hours (and a lot of miles) looking at crap---5 hour round trip to see the van with mould (he assured me it was perfect!)

Please give me your thoughts--have no-one here to bounce ideas off.

HUGE thanks.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
not knowing motorhomes to me that isnt bad in essance its a 2000 model and done just over 50,000 miles so for an 11yr old vehicle thats not bad i think, the inside looks nice and tidy as well.

Do the french haggle on price? if not see if he will supply items needed like ehu cable if not present and water/waste containers included within the asking price for a first time buyer

Upvote 0

Mikemoss

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Corsham, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
hi Hollyberry, the motorhome looks good but, once again, the payload looks low - certainly for five people - if my French is up to scratch that is!

Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Hollyberry

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
2 rear seat belts plus 2 front.
Interior fabric is in good condition, not the greatest colour but I'll have seats covered anyway as I have animals.
There will only ever be me, plus 2 dogs and 2 cats so I think the weight allowance will be Ok but will def check that again.

French don't seem to haggle like Brits do :-( but will de. push for extras.

Thanks everyone--knew I could rely on you for sound advice!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Hollyberry

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Thanks, Peter, I'd remembered to ask about the cam belt. Changed 1500 kms ago and they have the garage receipt. I've learnt so much on this forum!!!!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back