Is this the first real independent “Aire” in the UK! (1 Viewer)

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
I honestly don't see why everyone is so worked up about this place, we have been parking in farmers fields for donkeys years, how is it different from when you see a sign camping at the side of the road outside a farm.
Where are all the farmers fields that allow passing MHs to empty and fill?
Where are all the farmers fields that allow camping but don't have toilet facilities? (This is not a CL/CS, it is open to all.
Why are you so negative about something most motorhomers in the UK welcome with open arms?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Where are all the farmers fields that allow passing MHs to empty and fill?
Where are all the farmers fields that allow camping but don't have toilet facilities? (This is not a CL/CS, it is open to all.
Why are you so negative about something most motorhomers in the UK welcome with open arms?
I am definitely not negitive about it, but can't see how it is suddenly hailed as the first UK Aire with everyone going on about it as if it's something new.
Quackers as got a field you can camp in, no one says that's a new Aire.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I am definitely not negitive about it, but can't see how it is suddenly hailed as the first UK Aire with everyone going on about it as if it's something new.
Quackers as got a field you can camp in, no one says that's a new Aire.
Its the option to just stop off and empty and fill that appeals particularly to me
Just as you can at an aire ... c'mon Chaser point me to ANY other overnighting place you can do that without being a member and that is not an aire.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Just as you can at an aire ... c'mon Chaser point me to ANY other overnighting place you can do that without being a member and that is not an aire.
Well I just pointed to one in my post you have just quoted

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Pretty much next door
Screenshot_20210424-154729.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Castle corner in Dumfriesshire has been going a few years, and most likely a few others with full facilities, so it’s not the first but a very welcome addition to Scotland none the less. Will use it when we are next up that way. (y)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Just like in the OP, Funsters can rock up at Jasmin Camping for just £10 a night and is open to all. If you just want a fill with water and dump your waste subscribing Funsters can do that for nothing.

We've been offering this for 4 years, so I don't think the OP is the first, but one of many more, I hope. (y)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Just like in the OP, Funsters can rock up at Jasmin Camping for just £10 a night and is open to all. If you just want a fill with water and dump your waste subscribing Funsters can do that for nothing.

We've been offering this for 4 years, so I don't think the OP is the first, but one of many more, I hope. (y)
Thanks Jim , that's what I have said from the start, I havnt knocked this new one in any way but folks seem to have gone overboard about it as if it's the first Aire, it's not , it's a field you can park in, one of maybe thousands over the country.
That's all.
If someone had come on and said here is a new place you can park for a tenner, looks good.
That's excellent, but why people are calling it the first Aire just escapes me.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Well I just pointed to one in my post you have just quoted
Quackers has described that as a CL, it is affiliated with MHF and has a 5 van limit, there's no mention of the new one having this arrangement so I still say it is a private aire.

Whatever it is 'classed' as by you, me or anyone else, doesn't matter, it's gonna be a great facility for people with motorhomes to use and if us calling it an 'aire' makes it more recognisable as to what it offers to those who know what aires, stellplatz etc are then why not.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Quackers has described that as a CL, it is affiliated with MHF and has a 5 van limit, there's no mention of the new one having this arrangement so I still say it is a private aire.

Whatever it is 'classed' as by you, me or anyone else, doesn't matter, it's gonna be a great facility for people with motorhomes to use and if us calling it an 'aire' makes it more recognisable as to what it offers to those who know what aires, stellplatz etc are then why not.
Ok agreed to let it go, but just one point if someone hasn't been to Europe and doesn't know about Aires, this isn't an example and possible to confuse it.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Ok agreed to let it go, but just one point if someone hasn't been to Europe and doesn't know about Aires, this isn't an example and possible to confuse it.
I understand that but we are talking to funsters on here, not the general public.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
I don’t give a flying fig what it’s called. It’s a good start when others see that there’s a bob or two to be earned then hopefully it is the thin end of the wedge. Other may follow so it’s a win for us, and a win for them.

Hopefully it will encourage other to try it. If more pop up the better for everyone. Midges not welcome 😀

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The sharp eyed among you will have noticed that this overnight stop has applied to become a Funster CL (y)

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
No, I mean the black tank to be properly emptied into a sewer point. Same as cassette but drive over as we dont have cassette
I've never seen a drive over black waste facility.

Do such things exist in Europe?

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
Its all terminology. Its somewhere where you can stop for the night. Good on them.👍The more the merrier.
Its not an aire, coz its not in France! We dont drive camping cars. For a matter of fact we dont drive motorhomes either! Just a made up name to make it sound posher. We drive Motorised Caravans. Thats what my official Government paper says I do!😀

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
I've never seen a drive over black waste facility.

Do such things exist in Europe?
Back in the day when we had our RV they were few and far between, although coach dump points were fairly common on motorways. With the hose I could use facilities up to about 3/4" high with no problem. I had quite a collection of continental manhole keys, and I found most campsites were quite helpful in pointing out the correct manhole. Setthorns campsite in the New Forest has a ground level black disposal point.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
When we had RVs I found a few in Europe but at times wondered if some of them were intended for grey water as most eurovans have cassettes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back