Is this legal? C&CC

Dorwyn

Funster
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 2004
So if you want to go to a C&CC rally abroad and you have already booked your ferries, you have to pay a £75 surcharge. A surcharge for NOT booking your ferry. For NOT doing anything. Apparently this is because they do not rake off the discounts they get from BF if they do book. But I thought they gave these discounts to you, the club member. That's what the adverts say.

I met someone in Benicarlo in Spain who was on a C&CC rally who said this had happened to him. I'm sure it's legal, it just doesn't feel right to me. It's supposed to be a Club.

bigtwin

Funster
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Since 2006
It’s the term of their contract. It’s up to you whether you accept their contract.

I could organise an event that is limited to only blue coloured Motorhomes. My event, my rules.

Nothing illegal there.

Ian

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
MH
N&B Flair 8000 IVECO
Exp
since 2012
They caught us a few years ago, we still booked to meet friends but on our own we wouldn’t have bothered.

Martin

peterc10

Funster
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
You can still book the campsite independently rather than through the C&CC. That is what we did a few years ago (with ACSI discount rates) when we decided to visit my brother who was staying on their rally at La Manga. Mind you we only stayed a week, as that was about all we and our livers could stand!

OP
Dorwyn

Dorwyn

Funster
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 2004
You can still book the campsite independently rather than through the C&CC. That is what we did a few years ago (with ACSI discount rates) when we decided to visit my brother who was staying on their rally at La Manga. Mind you we only stayed a week, as that was about all we and our livers could stand!
That's what I'm doing, and it is no dearer, either, plus you get a pitch with leccy and a private pitch not a rally field.

OP
Dorwyn

Dorwyn

Funster
MH
van conversion
Exp
since 2004
It’s the term of their contract. It’s up to you whether you accept their contract.

I could organise an event that is limited to only blue coloured Motorhomes. My event, my rules.

Nothing illegal there.

Ian
True. Not truly a friendly club, is it?

Emmit

Funster
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Jan.2014
There are numerous members of the C&CC who live on the Continent.
They don't pay the £75 should they wish to go on a Continental rally because they don't have to book a ferry.
Now, if we could convince a Fun member who lives over the water to provide us with a Postal address, we wouldn't have to pay it either.

There's a plan.:whistle:

Polar bear

Funster
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
We wanted to go to one of their rallies in Portugal a few years ago and they wanted a £25 booking fee, so we went independently and got a much better pitch at a lower price.

Rapido925M

Funster
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
My SiL booked a number of sites through CCC: £75 booking fee.
My other SiL then used the same phone call to book identical sites: another £75.

They were not allowed to book 2 pitches at the same time.

That's the rules - Gordon

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
MH
C class, Autotrail Chief
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
It was the fact I could get across the channel cheaper than using the CCC discount that finally drove us to leave the 'club'

Cheshirecat57

Funster
MH
Adria Twin -640SLB
Exp
March 2018
Its not a club, everone get over it

Like the Royal Automobile Club (of which many on here are ‘members’) is not a club

Im a ‘member’ of Virgin Wine ‘Club’

rangitira

Funster
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
I'm a member of a fairly elite club, The Royal Alice Springs Surf Life Savers Club.
Since the Club was founded no one has drowned in Alice Springs, that's a 100% record to be proud of. :hugs:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
MH
C class, Autotrail Chief
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Its not a club, everone get over it

Like the Royal Automobile Club (of which many on here are ‘members’) is not a club

Im a ‘member’ of Virgin Wine ‘Club’
Officially CCC is a club, the C & MH C is not )

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services