Is this even realistically possible? (1 Viewer)

Dec 5, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2018
Thank you. I agree, the fridge manual says it uses 7 A. So my available 160 Ah would last about 20-24 hr. But the fridge doesn't run all the time and the solar panels will help. It would be useful to be able to keep the freezer cold overnight on a ferry for example. Even if I choose not to run the fridge on inverter mains, it should. Why doesn't it!!??

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thank you. I agree, the fridge manual says it uses 7 A. So my available 160 Ah would last about 20-24 hr. But the fridge doesn't run all the time and the solar panels will help. It would be useful to be able to keep the freezer cold overnight on a ferry for example. Even if I choose not to run the fridge on inverter mains, it should. Why doesn't it!!??

Should it though as DBK says? put it on AES (assuming you have that option) turn on the inverter and if it doesn't turn on to 240V you don't have that supply to the fridge.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Your 7 amps is not right 3-way fridges take about 1 amp on mains but if running from an inverter and allowing for inverter inefficiency it would be about 23 amps at 12v.
You said it was a 3 way fridge why not just run on 12v, depending on the size of the fridge it will take between 10 and 15 amps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back