Is this a micro switch problem? (1 Viewer)

Dec 9, 2017
Funster No
I have a mixer tap fitted inside the rear doors of my PVC for an outside shower. When turned to cold no water comes out. When turned to hot it works and it’s hot!
Both the kitchen and bathroom taps are working ok.

And if it is should I fix it myself while the van is still in warranty?

Many thanks,

Paul

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I think the same pump usually works both H & C, so sounds like microswitch is working.
Can you hear the pump start when opening the tap ?

OP
MrPG
Dec 9, 2017
Funster No
Just checked and yes I can hear the pump start.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
MrPG
Dec 9, 2017
Funster No
Yes it’s coming on for hot and cold. This is the first time we’ve used it and I can’t be certain if it was working properly prior. I’ll check the PDI and call the dealer when I’m back next week.

Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
@MrPG

There is a break in the wire - the short length that constantly flexes...

When you twist the tap to hot.. the wire connects... twist tuther way - no circuit...

Soon it will not work on either.... but it’s a simple fix...

had experience of that issue many a time on kitchen tap ....

Edit: My first experience was whilst in warranty.. but not worth the journey to get replaced...

When I removed the whole switch and wires... one wire had been trapped and subsequently snapped...

Since then - it’s been just wear n tear - I full time...

I have a job on my to-do list to replace said wires with the more “flexible corded” wire - like those on high end ear/head phones...

Another edit: you should be able to hear the relay clicking on and off... and pump running... if you can then not broken wire... or if you hear it when on hot... and it “clicks off” as you twist... then break in wire...

Last edited:
OP
MrPG
Dec 9, 2017
Funster No
Thanks for the replies. I think there could be a kink or air block as when on cold the pump is running and it attempts to dribble out. It doesn’t sound like an air block though. I’ll dig deeper next week.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
You can look to see if you can see the problem but I wouldn’t do too much or they’ll say you’ve invalidated your warranty!

Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Has cold water ever come out?.. or was this the first occassion used?

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 1999
Try sucking with the tap on cold. Check also that water isn't coming out somewhere it shouldn't. Incidentally you can't get an airlock beyond the pump so if it pumps water for one tap it'll pump it for them all.

Funsters who are viewing this thread