Is this a daft idea for hot water/heating & cooking on a box luton conversion? (1 Viewer)

Collectors

Free Member
Sep 4, 2019
Funster No
MH
Chris Morris
Exp
Sprinter Luton
Hi, we are new to the forum & trying to do some things to save the cash.
We are getting a Mercedes LWB Sprinter & are purley at the planning stage & falling over backwards at some of the prices for the noisy heating & hot water units that aren't the cheapest of things, & as soon as camper van or boat is mentioned they think your rich & prices seem to go up.
Now, when we start the build we will get a van with roller shutters & a tail lift as we want to take a motorbike. This may be fitted to the tail lift or stand across the back of the van behind the roller shutters & a partition built about 800mm into the van to separate from the living area. “It just fits”
Now the Question:
Has anyone tried fitting a combi LPG boiler to a self build camper van?. Now, a good quality Webasto or similar is a thousand pound plus & to be honest, “noisey” yet a good quality small LPG combi boiler is around £450 inc flue + an underslung 80-100 Lt tank, fitted is around £400, meaning i got heat/hot water & cooking for about the same as a Webasto heater. Now I know it's easy to pressurize the heating & make this side of things work, “plus it a lot quieter” but wasn't sure on pumping the hot water through a combi, so if there is any plumber reading, any advice would be appreciated for this idea. Oh!, the boiler would be fitted on the shutter side of the partition.

Thanks

Chris

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
That aside, has anyone ever actually seen a sprinter with a tail lift and a roller shutter on it.
I didn't think Merc did a sprinter any bigger than a 3.5T chassis, certainly never seen a panel van with a lift on it..

Upvote 0
Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
Ahhhhh I guess I should have googled first haha :D

Well I'll be buggered, so they do do one :D
Screenshot 2019-09-05 17.52.16.png

Upvote 0

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
That aside, has anyone ever actually seen a sprinter with a tail lift and a roller shutter on it.
I didn't think Merc did a sprinter any bigger than a 3.5T chassis, certainly never seen a panel van with a lift on it..
Mine is 5.3 tonnes....... 519

The one above is 3.5 tonnes with 140 hp motor. First number is weight, second two is the power. All Merc commercials use this nomenclature as far as I know (y)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back