DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I sold our old Suzuki Jimmy recently in a similar manner to the description in the OP. It all went well but the buyer was an established motor trader with a track record so I was reasonably confident the deal was safe although it wasn't like any deal I've done before.

The buyer transferred a deposit into my bank account, I asked for this as I wanted to be sure they were serious. About 5 days later I met their driver in a car park of a hotel near Bristol airport, handed over the vehicle and was given a wodge of cash. Next day I flew to Spain with my bike for our little trip along the Pyrenees.

Main point is I didn't use PayPal as it offers no guarantees for goods delivered or collected in person. I didn't realise this until recently. Only use PayPal for goods being delivered by a courier or Royal Mail. I also, as mentioned, made sure the buyer was genuine, especially for deals done in car parks!

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
If i was going to buy any vehicle on ebay or anywhere else, i would ring up and talk to the owner so as to get a feel as to whats going on and who he is before spending.

Emailing and texting about a £0000 item is for time wasters.

Get them to call you from a landline and talk about it or move on and forget them.

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
I got as far as "just joined- no feedback" and made me mind up.

Just joined and wants to buy a £20K vehicle without seeing or test driving it.
That's more fishy than a tarts crutch :whatthe:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Barclaybasher
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Update

It appears the enquiry through ebay was not a con.

Thanks to Geo Glasgow who checked locally it seems that it was a genuine offer - unlikely as it first seemed.

I am away now for 3 weeks after which a sale may happen

Thanks to you all for taking an interest and posting
:thumb:

Vic

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back