Is there light at the end of the tunnel? (1 Viewer)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I would not bet on it being before July and the England only. No doubt in Wales Drakeford will impose even harsher and longer restrictions than Boris, unless he is first removed in the Welsh Assembly elections
Regrettably, there is more chance of me becoming Pope than that happening. I will do what I can to help him on his way though!

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
I cant help thinking they will keep us till after the may day bank holiday at best to stop repeats of what happened in august.
Makes sense tbh

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Up the road In carrefour if you enter with A trolley from outside you are stopped.only trolleys and baskets from inside that have been sanitised by staff Then they attach a sticker,can be taken in
Spain are and have constantly been taking effective steps to contain the Virus along with a population that support the measures implemented encourage us all to play our part, the majority do not need cautioning they look for opportunities to be safe.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We have booked four C&MC sites for a two week tour in May. If we are still restricted we will simply move them.

We have a booking with the C&CC for March, which has been rescheduled twice already and will be rescheduled again now.

We also have a voucher for the Channel tunnel which expires in May. We will make a booking for early September.

We find that looking forward gives us some hope :smiley: . Looking back is simply depressing.:cautious:

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Drove the PVC on my essential weekly shopping journey today. A reasonable excuse to keep the oily bits in working order.

It feels good to get behind the wheel again. I've booked some pitch nights in the hope we are allowed to travel more freely in the months to come. (y)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
The gov will have no choice but to open up soon
The public won't wait for much longer month or so tops

And the economy will be totally shot if we don't get it working again soon

We cant hide for ever
If they open up too soon it will be a repeat of 2020.BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Only if the vaccines don't work.
But if they open early as the press are pushing for 80% of the population will not have been vaccinated..Press are pushing for mid Feb,, BUSBY.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
I think the government is in a catch 22 situation. The country needs the money from tourism so needs to open up with Easter approaching, but if they do we could have spikes again so putting as back to square one. I would not like to be making the decision. What ever they do will be wrong.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
But if they open early as the press are pushing for 80% of the population will not have been vaccinated..Press are pushing for mid Feb,, BUSBY.

But the 20% who were the ones most likely to be seriously ill or die would have been. That was NOT the case one year ago.

Sep 17, 2020
Totton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Since Sept 2020.
We own a bar. I'm not expecting to open it up again until June at the earliest - and would frankly rather wait longer than that to avoid having to open with reduced capacity and additional staff for table service. I suspect sites will be allowed to open around the same time as bars. Meanwhile I've just pushed a Brittany Ferries crossing back from March to the end of June.

Sep 17, 2020
Totton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Since Sept 2020.
Maybe we will have another “eat out to help out” as the last one worked so well😁
I wonder how may pubs and restaurants would participate second time around. Many reported dreadful experiences with people more used to eating takeaway out of a paper bag, who had no idea what to expect in a restuarant or how to behave and were oblivious to the rules.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
I wonder how may pubs and restaurants would participate second time around. Many reported dreadful experiences with people more used to eating takeaway out of a paper bag, who had no idea what to expect in a restuarant or how to behave and were oblivious to the rules.
It was a disaster as far as I’m concerned, if they wanted to help the industry they should have made it available 7 days a week, obvious it was going to cause chaos with people fighting to save a few quid on them days☹️☹️

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
We are lucky, we are using our van daily as we are full timers 🙂. Mind you, we are not travelling except for gas to cook and heat with 😒. The sooner we can commence our travels the better, but we have patience 😁
Are the shower blocks open on Carnon? we have a pitch there every year in Arthurs Acre, having the bus stop just outside the camp makes it so easy for you to visit Pannier Market in Truro, a great place for good food, the butchers is excellent.
Seabourne Fish in Penryn are brilliant for fresh fish but you have to get there early.
Chris my wife is from Falmouth so we know the area very well.

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
It was a disaster as far as I’m concerned, if they wanted to help the industry they should have made it available 7 days a week, obvious it was going to cause chaos with people fighting to save a few quid on them days☹️☹️
I hope spoons Order more food this time ? They ran out of baked beans !!!!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
But the 20% who were the ones most likely to be seriously ill or die would have been. That was NOT the case one year ago.
But that 20 per cent hardly venture outside to spread the virus,,Very few are at work..Keep the lock down.BUSBY.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
But that 20 per cent hardly venture outside to spread the virus,,Very few are at work..Keep the lock down.BUSBY.
I think a gradual relaxation with an eye on hospital admissions would be fine provided if there's any evidence of an increase it's shut down straight away rather than hoping for the best again. If the vaccine does control hospital admissions we get to open up if it doesn't provided we keep an eye on the figures and only open a bit it will be a blip compared to where we are now.
What would be madness is the idea that we reach a certain vaccination fugure than open schools hospitality holiday accommodation etc all at once.

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
march 2022
I suspect May 2022 is more realistic for total opening.

However I'd hope that by May 2021 we have some form of freedom , at least to travel around the UK mainland.
I don't see real restrictrictions being lifted before April 21, but we will still have to be careful, as COVID will be back with a vengeance in October 21 and October 22

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I suspect May 2022 is more realistic for total opening.

However I'd hope that by May 2021 we have some form of freedom , at least to travel around the UK mainland.
I don't see real restrictrictions being lifted before April 21, but we will still have to be careful, as COVID will be back with a vengeance in October 21 and October 22
I don't think it's that seasonal it seems countries in the southern hemisphere had the first wave at about the same time. I think it will come back but the timing will largely be by our actions .

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
FWIW. I think we will all go back into T3 sometime in mid-March and then into T2 from after Easter with schools going back then. There we will remain until June. International travel will be by proof of vaccine (instigated by the carriers) and negative test result (instigated by the country you are going to). Ditto for your return home.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
FWIW. I think we will all go back into T3 sometime in mid-March and then into T2 from after Easter with schools going back then. There we will remain until June. International travel will be by proof of vaccine (instigated by the carriers) and negative test result (instigated by the country you are going to). Ditto for your return home.
And then in to total lockdown again in Sept,,Sorry I am normally optimistic but watching the lack of obeying rules and laws local to us it doesn't fill me with confidence BUSBY.

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
And then in to total lockdown again in Sept,,Sorry I am normally optimistic but watching the lack of obeying rules and laws local to us it doesn't fill me with confidence BUSBY.
Yes, I totally agree. I should have added that is if we are obeying whatever rules we are under throughout.
Stay safe and keep well.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back