Is there light at the end of the tunnel? (1 Viewer)

PMB

Free Member
Apr 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Hello all, does anyone else get the feeling that we can start using our motorhomes in the UK soon?
Its been a long long winter.

OP
OP
PMB

PMB

Free Member
Apr 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Lets keep watering them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
It depends on how long you think the tunnel is!

"The first thing to open will be schools" is a common mantra from the Government.
"Schools may open by Easter" but there are no promises: "it will depend on how the figures change".

Easter Monday is 5th April.

There are two Bank Holidays in May: 3rd & 31st.

Would YOU advise letting thousands of people travel all over the country to celebrate some new-found freedoms or would YOU keep travel restrictions until 1st June?

Gordon

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I am also hopeful it will be soon, but I think it will be well into April to be honest.
Can't see them letting us out for Easter to have another possible wave and lockdown.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Sorry guys its was wishful thinking... as you can imagine I cant wait to get away for a long time. My wife and I retired last year hence no ties.
No harm at all in that; something to trying look forward to. Got Easter provisional booking and then the Thetford bash booked and if they are cancelled then, OK, nothing we can do about it

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
No just utter blackness! Hope I am wrong for all our sakes.
Great that they have managed the vaccine rollout but the 5m plus does not get us very far as they have to do it all over again in 12weeks.
Still waiting for my first an the better half is even further back down the queue.
Let's all hope the vaccines we have remain efficacious against all the new variants.

Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
We are lucky, we are using our van daily as we are full timers 🙂. Mind you, we are not travelling except for gas to cook and heat with 😒. The sooner we can commence our travels the better, but we have patience 😁

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
There’s light for some of us. There are those that want us locked down for longer
( have a look at the Isle of Lewis thread) but the end cannot come soon enough for me. What we’re doing now is hardly living, it’s existing, waiting to be allowed to live again. Having vaccinated so many in so short a time, starting from scratch. I think we’re doing marvellously. We should be able to carry this on easier than it was to start up. I just hope that the local health authorities like ours that have been brilliant at vaccinating are not penalised for being efficient. Holding us back because others are not as effective is really not on.

Nov 10, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Started in 2013
The light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off due to the lack of funds. ;-)

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
We've got our names down for a few rallies in the spring, more in hope than expectation.
Under normal circumstances, we'd be looking forward to setting off in February for 3 months on the Continent. A few days in this country would feel like a luxury, now. :sneaky:
I don't expect we'll be allowed out again before June.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Watching how many walked past me whilst sanitizing my trolly entering Sainsburys today it will never end..Counted six who just walked in and picked a basket up without sanitizing it.Ok they MAY have washed their hands in the car but the last person using the basket could be carrying Covid..We take no chances,,wash them going in and out and again after we have put the shopping in the car.BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Watching how many walked past me whilst sanitizing my trolly entering Sainsburys today it will never end..Counted six who just walked in and picked a basket up without sanitizing itcar.BUSBY.
Up the road In carrefour if you enter with A trolley from outside you are stopped.only trolleys and baskets from inside that have been sanitised by staff Then they attach a sticker,can be taken in

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
By my reckoning the end of March is a good 9 weeks away.
If we do 4 million vaccines a week thats another 36 million jabbed persons totalling 42 million (probably something like 10 million double doses given and 21 million singles or something like that)

Even if you took it back 3 weeks for the time it takes it to work thats 30 million working jabs done divided up into however you foresee it being distributed.

IF we keep our current path going on the downward trend of infections (3 week lag for deaths to descend at the same rate) then i see a relaxation for schools in early March, and on a hope/assumption this does not cause an increase in hospitalizations people will start going to the beach etc. Opening campsites and pubs with beer gardens and restrictions (figures allowing) could be done by mid April is not beyond the realms of possibilities (11 weeks away)

11 weeks is a long time. 12 weeks ago we hadnt been in a lockdown for 6 months.

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
I'm always a glass half full sort of person, so I take the view that if I'm not allowed to go motorhoming for another 3,6,9 months or more, it doesn't matter
There is nothing I can do about it, so I channel my energies into doing things that I can do

The alternative of sitting around moping & hoping doesn't work for me - life's way too short

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
Probably when all over 50s have been vaccinated. Thereby reducing the flow in to the NHS of COVID cases .
Question is when do you book your UK sites and for when. ?
can’t help thinking it’s going to be very very busy as trips into Europe looking unlikely .

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
No, not any time soon. Our regional council just posted the following

1611597540796.png

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
There’ll be plenty of other places to go. Many regions rely on tourism. Tourists will remember long after Covid is dealt with just where they were not welcome.
We do rely on tourism, our biggest industry.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back