Is there any downsides to Saga motorhome insurance? (1 Viewer)

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
They are middle priced so it seems

No limit on time abroad.

Windscreen cover seems unlimited which would be important to me with mine.

Views please?

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Notice a new camper on your avatar John......Welcome to the initiated:winky::thumb:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Hopefully one us us maniacs will come up with a meaningful answer for you John!
In the meantime, this will bump it up again!:Smile:

brianju

Free Member
Sep 18, 2007
Hampshire Hogs now in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
A class 1991 Hymer B544
Exp
10yrs ish - US 5th Wheel/US RV/Eurovan
Can't help you about Saga Insurance ... but just like to say glad you've found your new
A class :thumb: we've always liked the look of the Tabbert - enjoy your travels again :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EthnGeoff

Free Member
Jan 13, 2010
County Durham
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
April 2009
Am I right in thinking they cover for damage by vandalism, without loss of no claims bonus?
Geoff

Feb 11, 2008
Southampton
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
bought first motorhome 30 yrs ago
Motorhome insurance

Hi we were with Saga for 2 years with the van and the policy was fine but the price jumped up for no reason the 2nd year and then when the renewal came in it had jumped up again so we thought it was time for a move as we have had no claims so we moved to caravan guard 8 months cover abroad breakdown included but the downside is my husband holds the policy but is not covered to drive other cars so when my son went to pick up a motorbike he had bought my husband could not drive the sons car back i even rang them as we could not believe it but the man said you are only covered to drive your motorhome unless you are a named driver is any others like this?

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Can't help you about Saga Insurance ... but just like to say glad you've found your new
A class :thumb: we've always liked the look of the Tabbert - enjoy your travels again :Smile:

Big thanks guys

Boy it's a long time since i last saw you and so much has happened.

Really nice to hear from you both

peejay

Free Member
Jun 20, 2009
South Cheshire
Funster No
MH
WildAx
Exp
Started Nov '09
They are middle priced so it seems

No limit on time abroad.

Windscreen cover seems unlimited which would be important to me with mine.

Views please?

Hi John, Saga wrote to me every week quoting me £12.50 a month so like a sucker I rang them--------£650 ! I drive 30.000 miles a year as delivery driver working the M6 corridor. For a few weeks after they still sent me quotes of £12:50, I will leave it to you imagination as to what my reply was. !

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
The good stuff re Saga: I was with Saga when my campervan was stolen 2 years ago from the road outside my house. Since it was older than their Glass's guide data, Saga checked on the web to see what comparable ones were selling for, and ended up paying me out £3k more than I paid for the van which I had bought from a friend.

The bad stuff: having bought a similar van to replace the stolen one, I installed a new alarm, deadlocks etc and asked if I could keep it in a safer place, out of sight on a friend's driveway. Although I had no claims bonus protection, to insure me to keep it off the road at my friend's they doubled the premium, so I had to leave them.

Since then I too hear from them regularly quoting £12.50 a month too, but know it's not real!

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
We've been Saga Louts for years!:ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO::roflmto::ROFLMAO::roflmto::ROFLMAO:

I have been quoted 320 but had cheaper quotes this is about mid range but loaded with goodies so it seems..............

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back