Is there a fuse for the habitation door lock? (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
2012 Bailey Approach SE 620. The habitation lock is broken and also the wires to the central locking solenoid have snapped; a not uncommon problem with Hartal doors apparently. At about the time I was trying to connect the broken wires (with some success as I heard the activator moving when I pressed 'lock' on the key fob) the fob stopped locking all the doors. Because the lock itself was broken, I diconnected the wires to the habitation lock.

Now the key fob won't lock the front doors despite checking and replacing the battery in the fob. Strangely, the front doors lock automatically when driving and also if you press the lock button on the dashboard.

Today when the van was having its habitation service, one of the engineers suggested that there may be a fuse that controls the central locking with the key fob. I've had a look in the Bailey (and the Peugueot Boxer) manual and can't find a fuse for this. I also dont understand why, if such a fuse had blown, the central locking would still work automatically when the van gets above 20mph or when pushing the lock button on the dashboard.

I'd welcome any thoughts on this. Thanks.

OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
It may be a shared fuse with some other low powered items on the base fuses.
Has anything else on the base vehicle stopped working?
Not to my knowledge. Everything (apart from key fob) working normally.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back