Is there a Concorde Owners Club in UK? (1 Viewer)

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
Welcome @PW loads of useful knowledge on here.
Reluctant to go on Facebook so feel I'm missing out, shame not a seperate club.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Returnee

Free Member
May 28, 2017
Togo
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
In 1983 I drove from England to Lomé
I'm just getting started.
Not new, but I'm most impressed

TrebleH

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto, Iveco
Hi folks, I believe the question was, "is there a Concorde owners club", yes there is now an official Concord which runs via Facebook, I understand that it is run by Colin & Gill Taylor along with Mathew Colbourne. We joined up with them at Malvern. Hope this helps

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
Hi folks, I believe the question was, "is there a Concorde owners club", yes there is now an official Concord which runs via Facebook, I understand that it is run by Colin & Gill Taylor along with Mathew Colbourne. We joined up with them at Malvern. Hope this helps
Anyone know of any alternatives as I don’t do Facebook or other social media (only this one!).

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
Hi Rapphil LinerTreff is very good for "big van" discussion some things are lost in translation though unless your German is up to speed, I have it in Google chrome which translates as you go.

Martin
Thank you Martin, not able to speak German so will look into Google chrome.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Works well thanks and now able to ‘lust’ on mobile de with full translation!
You dont need a translating browser for mobile.de, top left is a flag/language selection button, just pick English then the whole site get translated except individual advert specification data (the fitted kit list), unless you are Swedish of course!

By the way the UK Concorde Facebook group is so insular now that you have to supply full personal details and PROVE you own a Concorde! I was a member for the benefit of big Liner discussion and was suddenly excommunicated without a kiss my arse or anything and several polite emails to the Obersturmführer of the group were met with radio silence. P****s
Michael

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
You dont need a translating browser for mobile.de, top left is a flag/language selection button, just pick English then the whole site get translated except individual advert specification data (the fitted kit list), unless you are Swedish of course!

By the way the UK Concorde Facebook group is so insular now that you have to supply full personal details and PROVE you own a Concorde! I was a member for the benefit of big Liner discussion and was suddenly excommunicated without a kiss my arse or anything and several polite emails to the Obersturmführer of the group were met with radio silence. P****s
Michael
Michael, I’ve only ever found the flag at top of mobile de translates top half of advert as you’ve said and not vehicle details into English, so have all now!
Not good dealings with the FB group but a friend recently was looking at a Carthago and wanted to join owners group to get any tips but also not allowed if you don’t already own one.
Neither very congenial !
Philp

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Michael, I’ve only ever found the flag at top of mobile de translates top half of advert as you’ve said and not vehicle details into English, so have all now!
Not good dealings with the FB group but a friend recently was looking at a Carthago and wanted to join owners group to get any tips but also not allowed if you don’t already own one.
Neither very congenial !
Philp
Unfortunately they have done a couple of things, accepted support from Southdowns and I believe been accepted as the "official" UK group; And of course in the UK Concorde have been the premium brand but in Germany they are not the top, although they are a member of a select group. The UK owner group has perpetrated this historical position and I believe many of its members reside in an Anus dwelling. It is very unfortunate as complex OEM features are implemented in a similar fashion amongst the Liner brands in Germany so a problem fixed on a Concorde could be a solution on a Morelo and visa versa. As has been stated LinerTreff is a good place to find out very useful stuff, a lot of the owners have a decent IQ and therefore you get some good exchanges of information. For example I first identified the Thule awning issue on there and long before I got any notification from Thule or indeed any chatter on UK forums.
Sorry about my misunderstanding of your mobile.de comment and yes Chrome is your friend when browsing .de sites.
Michael

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Unfortunately they have done a couple of things, accepted support from Southdowns and I believe been accepted as the "official" UK group; And of course in the UK Concorde have been the premium brand but in Germany they are not the top, although they are a member of a select group. The UK owner group has perpetrated this historical position and I believe many of its members reside in an Anus dwelling.
Michael

As you know Michael I am no longer a member of the Concorde Facebook Page for matters unrelated to those you describe. However, I would like to say that the members of the facebook page and Concorde owners generally that I have met in person have been interesting, sociable and very good company indeed... not at all up themselves.

It would be interesting to know if a Morelo facebook page will allow Concorde owners in... if it does, I might join! :giggle:

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
It would be interesting to know if a Morelo facebook page will allow Concorde owners in... if it does, I might join! :giggle:
Good luck with that even I cannot seem to post on there, it's a couple of people who seem to use it as their personal Thors hammer for issues with Morelo or their dealer. So I just stick with Germany, seriously helpful over there.
M

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
As you know Michael I am no longer a member of the Concorde Facebook Page for matters unrelated to those you describe. However, I would like to say that the members of the facebook page and Concorde owners generally that I have met in person have been interesting, sociable and very good company indeed... not at all up themselves.

Indeed I have also met a few of the Concorde Facebook group and found them to be as you say, Interesting, sociable and good company, indeed we have some very good friends who are members, that said I don't go along with the exclusivity bit and don't think it does the dealer any favours in the long run.

I don't really do FB anyway but I do moderate the N+B forum and we allow anybody on there, oh does that sound too desperate? the same with the FB group which somebody else runs, I think that there are getting to be quite a few MORELO in the UK now and we have a few friends that have gone mainly from N+B to MORELO and a owners group forum has been talked about and will be coming soon I believe, you would be most welcome to join I am sure, as Michael says there are a lot of technical similarities on these "liner class" vans and everybody can help each other, after all we all do this for the same reason (y)

Martin

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Good luck with that even I cannot seem to post on there, it's a couple of people who seem to use it as their personal Thors hammer for issues with Morelo or their dealer. So I just stick with Germany, seriously helpful over there.
M
I had a look yesterday Michael and didn't think it was a format that I wanted to get involved with;)

You know that I am into the technical side of vans much like yourself and don't find Facebook pages an easy place to discuss and archive technical details.

Martin

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
M

I’ll give it a miss then.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
I thought they were quick ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.