Is servicing necessary for Eberspacher? (1 Viewer)

Empyrean

Free Member
Jan 7, 2018
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2012
I have an Eberspacher D2 heater on my 2003 Topaz. I thought I should probably get it serviced but a camping pal has said that he was advised by a reputable source (a dealer) that it isn’t necessary. Mine is working fine and the service will cost £150 so I was wondering what others think.

Do I really have to service it?

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
I have looked after Ebo's for some years whilst working on the rivers and canals on all sorts of Boats . They always had to be repaired at some point due to fire chambers burning out and glow plug failure. These are not cheap to replace. Its a gamble only you can make , and if you choose not to have it done.....You can bet your wage slip..it will fail on you!
I personally would not hesitate and have it checked out . Otherwise...You may need a fair few candles if it fails to keep warm...Trust me!
Your £150 to service it ...gives you a warranty and piece of mind. Its well worth it.
Kev

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
It will need a service sooner rather than later and it will probably fail mid winter.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Yes, get it done, ours failed after 10 years, boatyard said he could tell it had never been touched in that time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back