Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
i am looking at lhd hymer A classes at the moment and i have noticed that some of them dont have a drivers door . [nor a passenger one either] the only access is via the habitation door [on the off side.] how do people find this arrangement and given the choice of 2 vans, one with a drivers door and one without, would it be worth paying a premium for ? it seems that the models without the drivers door get an extra cupboard thing under the window. is this usefull or does it just make the cabin a bit cramped ?

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Given the choice I would go for no cab doors. The reasons for this being 1-Less chance of a break-in, they always seem to go for the cab doors first. 2-The ones without the cab doors have quite a bit of storage there. When I had the RV I never used the drivers door and on the camper I have now there is no passenger door but a drivers door that I rarely use. I would much prefer the same amount of storage on my side as on the passenger side. Like most things regarding motorhomes its all a matter of personal choice.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I agree with Dave... I thought I would not like the single door in the Hymer but now I love it... for the exact same reasons as Snowbird... :thumb:

... the only downside is I keep forgetting to pull up the outside step and used to have to get out of the cab seat and back to the door to lift it... now I have a little Froggie Princess to do it for me... :winky:

JJ :Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Like JJ I have a cab door on my Hymer. It never gets used and now has an extra lock. I use the space to store things.

I find it is not possible to reach the machines at the Peage from the drivers door anyway so Joan deals with the machines and the step.

John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back