Bobndebs McKay

Free Member
Jul 15, 2014
Bali for the Winter!! Back in Feb 2016
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750 FMSE
Exp
5 months travelling Through France, Spain, Portugal, Germany and Holland as a Full timer in our firs
My dentist warned me off Mouthwash unless for a short period of time after treatment. She said that flossing and brushing are the way forward as the mouthwash after brushing kills off a lot of the good stuff (fluoride etc) in toothpaste and actually has less benefit than a decent toothpaste. She also advised me to drink chilled tapwater (when in UK) as it contains Fluoride and is better for you than diluting it down with "Mineral Water"

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Tell us more Catherine !!! Any after effects? :)

The great thing about a pastis drink like Ricard or Pernod is if you get quite mellow on it, when you get up the next day you just have to drink some water and the mellowness is restored. Very good value for money!

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Let me see if I have got this right...

You must not pour it down your motorhome sink because it might rot the seals...

but you put it in your mouth.

Each to their own I suppose.

JJ :cool:

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
My Wife has prescription toothpaste after her radioiodine therapy damaged her salivary glands. The toothpaste has more fluoride than ordinary toothpaste. She doesn't use mouthwash and her teeth are not suffering. So mouthwash is really not a thing that anyone needs.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
My Wife has prescription toothpaste after her radioiodine therapy damaged her salivary glands. The toothpaste has more fluoride than ordinary toothpaste. She doesn't use mouthwash and her teeth are not suffering. So mouthwash is really not a thing that anyone needs.

Must ask about that toothpaste at next appointment. I did have an artificial saliva spray on prescription but stopped using it because it didn't seem to help my dry mouth but my teeth are suffering

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Must ask about that toothpaste at next appointment. I did have an artificial saliva spray on prescription but stopped using it because it didn't seem to help my dry mouth but my teeth are suffering
Isn't it amazing that a thread about motorhome sinks can give information that helps those Funsters with medical conditions too ... how great is that... :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Isn't it amazing that a thread about motorhome sinks can give information that helps those Funsters with medical conditions too ... how great is that... :)
... maybe ... I just hope no-one starts one about the toilet!!!! :eek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back