Free Member
Sep 9, 2014
Near Glossop
Funster No
MH
bessacar E496
Exp
5 years
£37 to join the Camping and Caravanning Club.

The only reason I ask is I'm considering driving down to Spain and I believe some of their sites are down there.

Do they offer discounts? Has anyone used their continental sites?

Cheers in advance.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
They do a pensioner discount. We were members for the best part of forty years, but left. I HATED being told where to pitch, and some of the facilities were a bit 'downmarket'........:(

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I would say no unless you only want to stay on their sites.

We're pay both businesses at the moment (nobody is a member of anything as they aren't clubs!) but we won't be next year. As far as our plans are going at the moment we won't be staying at any of their sites this year so pointless to pay them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
In a word ... NO, if you are going out of the main holiday period you'd better off getting the ACSI book/membership card.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
WE are in the CC. A much better type of lout tugger, we find, and the loos, why, you can eat your lunch off the floors! In fact, some children do. :):)

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
The only reason we are members is to get a (larger than membership fee) discounts n the insurance. Don't use the facilities at all but we at least have the option.

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
The longer you stay on a Spanish site the cheaper it gets. (y)

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We are with the C&CC but only because we are insured with them and the discount and legal benefits are worth it. We used one of their sites last October in Wales when my Daughter got married but generally don't like paying for staying and spend our time in France, on free Aires.
Allan

GaryBDawson

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2014
Halifax
Funster No
MH
Cathago 142QB A Class
Exp
30years
As far as I know CC do not have specific sites in Spain they recommend certain sites and hold rallies on certain sites but as has been said already the Acsi card will get you more sites and a better discount. I use the C C for the ferry as I use the Hull to Zeebruge as I live in Yorkshire book with CC they will ask you if you want to book any of their sites which you do not but tell them that you will take the camping cheques, they will give you seven camping cheques in the price. Take in the mileage to Dover plus the horrendous drive down there the difference in mileage when heading South in France is about 20 kilometres from Calais or Zeebruge and camping cheques can be used all over France and parts of Spain.
Like others we do not use the sites in England.

Gary

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Free Member
Sep 9, 2014
Near Glossop
Funster No
MH
bessacar E496
Exp
5 years
Thanks Guys
so that's a 'No' then. (As I suspected it might be)

I was wondering if I'd get my 37 quid back - and then some on discounts in Spain but it appears not.

Cheers again

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
We just about get the subscription money back on two annual ferry booking discounts, plus being able to wield a green card is handy for a discount on some continental sites. If I wasn't going abroad I probably wouldn't bother with CCC.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
We have just joined C&CC so we subscribe to both now. We did this purely to have more choice when looking for sites plus C&CC have their app. We were in France earlier this year and pitched up next to a couple that had spent six months in Spain & Portugal and they explained that they had in the most, spent time on C&CC international (or overseas??) rallies. They showed us the handbook and the rallies were on regular campsites but at rally prices. The couple said that they found the cost either equal to or better than ACSI.
http://campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/travelabroad/rallies/european-winter-sun-rallies/

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
We left C&CC when they introduced their "fluid pricing policy".

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We're members of CCC but we really only use them for rallies and THSs, plus the occasional CS.

It works for us as Joe is still working so we spend our longer holidays usually in France and/or Germany and then use the rallies/THS/CSs for weekends the rest of the year.

We're dropping down to online access only from our renewal later this year as Joe will be retiring end of April next year and we're planning of getting away for longer periods of time which means we won't come back to a mountain of magazines!

Denise

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
We remain CCC members as we often use their temporary holiday sites during the summer. At between £8-£10 a night you soon save the subs fee compared to typical campsite fees.
However we are attending so many Fun rallies this year that we may not get full value from the CCC.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back