Is it worth importing anymore? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Do you mean it was registered to a business?
I don't see what difference that makes they will either talk to you or not you can only try.
Looks like bought under the business name, probably so VAT can be reclaimed.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Morelo home
Premium m homes
No offence intended to anyone but there is a big difference between the underpinnings of a home and the other mh's you were considering. Edit the home is on the lighter Daily chassis.

I still think you would get more choices on mobile.de

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Morelo home
Premium m homes

That particluar van was advertised for £220K but the owner probably got it for £200K in March (the 'market' going rate for a new Home in the UK).

I'm with Jon though jongood, there's a huge difference between a Home and the rest.

Personally speaking I can't see the point of a Morelo Home (sorry, that sounds rude) but if you're spending a huge wedge of cash then you really need something lavish for your money.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Personally speaking I can't see the point of a Morelo Home (sorry, that sounds rude) but if you're spending a huge wedge of cash then you really need something lavish for your money.
I actually prefer the Home to the larger ones mainly because it's a sensible size. :giggle:

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I actually prefer the Home to the larger ones mainly because it's a sensible size. :giggle:

Yep, I get what you're saying Lenny but not for 200 big ones mate.

A Morelo Home is a bit like the Evoque of the Range Rover world, i.e. you might as well buy a Nissan Duke and save your dosh.

The big challenge for the OP (as I see it) is that there's no decent stock on the dealers forecourts so a Morelo Home will look fantastic when there's nowt else to compare it against.

Go shopping in Germany and buy something worthy of such a huge outlay.

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
No offence taken, I had just asked a couple of the UK dealers Southdowns and premium if there were any trade ins due, premium mentioned this was coming in so I asked a few questions, loads I’m really interested in on mobile. de, just trying to get clarification on the VAT from the dealers, there’s some cracking MAN liners on there currently 👍

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Just to add I’ve asked S downs a few questions now, one last week if they could send me the url to down load a user manual for the charisma I was eyeballing at 4 front, got some cock and bull about they needed vin plate number, I gave them reg number and stated they sold it in the first place, i got a response stating go into gallery and you can see when we sold it, no I just want the user manual url like their website says you can ask for.
Also asked about trade ins due, got a nice message saying glad we could be of help? They haven’t done anything yet wtf, so going abroad looks the most likely route atm when we can.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Let's hope that the predicted Euro crisis happens before the next Sterling crisis!

Importing sure was a good deal when £1 got you 1.45 Euros.

Questionable at the 1.16 current exchange rate but still better than when Sterling was heading for parity.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Yep, I get what you're saying Lenny but not for 200 big ones mate.

A Morelo Home is a bit like the Evoque of the Range Rover world, i.e. you might as well buy a Nissan Duke and save your dosh.

The big challenge for the OP (as I see it) is that there's no decent stock on the dealers forecourts so a Morelo Home will look fantastic when there's nowt else to compare it against.

Go shopping in Germany and buy something worthy of such a huge outlay.
But a Palace is another 100k, looked at both last time we went to Caravan Salon prefer the Home.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
But a Palace is another 100k, looked at both last time we went to Caravan Salon prefer the Home.
Depends how big the body is IMO. There's quite a difference between the 5600kgs chassis and the 7500kgs one and then truck chassis takes it another level up.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Depends how big the body is IMO. There's quite a difference between the 5600kgs chassis and the 7500kgs one and then truck chassis takes it another level up.
7.8m is the max we would want to go to.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Let's hope that the predicted Euro crisis happens before the next Sterling crisis!

Importing sure was a good deal when £1 got you 1.45 Euros.

Questionable at the 1.16 current exchange rate but still better than when Sterling was heading for parity.
Rate was just over 1.1 when I got mine from Germany last October, still saved enough to pay for plenty of trips away for a few years😁😁
German dealers give the best discount they can against English dealers who make it up in the day☹️
Normally 12-15% discount in Germany.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Sorry for hijacking this thread but I’ve seen a used motorhome in Germany for €25k what would be the procedure and cost for doing so in bringing it to uk..?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Sorry for hijacking this thread but I’ve seen a used motorhome in Germany for €25k what would be the procedure and cost for doing so in bringing it to uk..?
If it has a certificate of comformity it will be fairly straight forward.
You will need to change the speedo dial and lights (may not be necessary on an older van I cannot remember the changeover year).
Innform NOVA and pay 20% VAT.
Get it checked and MOT apply to VCA for a IVA then tax it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back