Is It The Done Thing........ (2 Viewers)

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
....... To leave something on your pitch to save it for your return if you go out for the day? Currently near Berchtesgaden and not seen it done yet.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
....... To leave something on your pitch to save it for your return if you go out for the day? Currently near Berchtesgaden and not seen it done yet.

If it's a campsite and you have paid for a pitch for a week or whatever Yes OK, but not on an aire or Stellplatz.

Martin

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
As said.. perfectly fine on a site .. you can either buy or make your own sign..

just an example..
41OPN3DnCLL._SX300_.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I know off siters who put stuff out to keep a nice spot... disgusting, selfish behaviour and very, very occasionally I have moved their junk and parked in the spot...

Or I will park next door and play some relaxing music quite loud.

They didn't pay for the space and so have NO right to reserve it.

JJ :cool:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I know off siters who put stuff out to keep a nice spot... disgusting, selfish behaviour and very, very occasionally I have moved their junk and parked in the spot...

Or I will park next door and play some relaxing music quite loud.

They didn't pay for the space and so have NO right to reserve it.

And if they did??

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Unfortunately some MHers using aires (or other contries' equivalents) do this which is wrong, also some who put their clutter all over and awning out to prevent others using the space next to them.

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
And tuggers who park their car on the adjoining or opposite pitch. Picked up the courage on last holiday and asked a Netherlander to move his car, obviously never been asked before judging by the look on his face.
In fairness he did move it pdq.

OP
OP
Chipster

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Bertchesgaden was brill!! We were on a site at the time but didn't pay until we left. We saw someone leave a box out to keep their pitch but later on saw someone different come on and move the box and try the pitch, then move off. So in summary, fine if on a site even though you pay when you leave? Wouldn't dream of it on stellplatz.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Not been abroad yet in MH but if I drove into a busy free aire and there was a sign saying reserved for.... I would simply ignore it and park in the space, unless it was a legal notice not to park.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
If they paid for it they were scammed by someone... :rofl:

You don't pay in the places I am referring to.

Ah well, I don't 'do' cheapskate pitches.........:rofl:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
leave out whatever you want wherever you want, someone will shove it in the hedge or back of their van soon enough. hee hee

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We sometimes do this on a site, even one where the pitch is registered with reception. It saves someone taking your pitch and then when they go to reception being told it is already taken and having to move.
WE usually leave a couple of chairs and our ehu lead.

Cannot do this on aires if you expect to be able to find your stuff when you return.:D

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
The only thing I saw on a recent 4 week trip, primarily to Germany, was leaving chairs on a Stellplatz pitch whilst using the site facilities to dump waste and refill with water which only seemed fair then he immediately returned to the pitch.

I wouldn't expect to be able to try and keep a stellplatz pitch if I drove off for the day. Pick your site carefully and either walk, catch a bus, tram or train or take bikes with you.

Being on a proper campsite is a different kettle of fish and its yours for the duration of your stay but you need to leave something to show that its already in use.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I find a lot of people leave their chairs out, in fact I rely upon it as a source of income, it is where I get all my chairs from!:wink:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back