Is it legal (1 Viewer)

Aug 23, 2019
Shropshire, Market Drayton, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 634
Exp
since 2017
3 male aquaintances wish to cycle from Lands End to John o Groats on 9 May taking 3 weeks.We have discussed using my motorhome as the support vehicle. 1 sleeping in the motorhome with me and the other 2 sleeping in pup tents. All 4 of us using the on-board facilities. All the equipment for the trip would be carried in the MH. Does anybody have any thoughts on the legality of this. None of us are in the same household/bubble.

Nov 3, 2020
Up the Hamble
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2019
3 male aquaintances wish to cycle from Lands End to John o Groats on 9 May taking 3 weeks.We have discussed using my motorhome as the support vehicle. 1 sleeping in the motorhome with me and the other 2 sleeping in pup tents. All 4 of us using the on-board facilities. All the equipment for the trip would be carried in the MH. Does anybody have any thoughts on the legality of this. None of us are in the same household/bubble.
There's only 4 of you so as things stand, you can meet outdoors (albeit maintaining social distancing). The fly in the ointment is the "shared facility" which is the third member of the cycling group sleeping in your van. That's two different households meeting indoors which is not permitted. The next step is due to occur on 17th May when it looks like the 'rule of 6' will be extended to allow meeting indoors so you should be OK from then BUT you'll need to look at what is permissible in Scotland when you cross the border. Enjoy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back