LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
The following is the bit that worries me ....... WHO DID YOU THINK IT WAS BRIAN?

cOPY: Caller - "It was the best sex I've had for ages, when can we do it again?"
Me - "I don't know really, I'm not sure my wife would like it."
I'm not really sure ... is yours, by any chance, a withheld number Joy?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I know at least two very old people who are quite lonely for a good part of their lives.
We have a small circle built up of folk built up who take it in turns to give them a ring .. Nothing formal and nothing regular.. but it gives them a chance just to chat and using as I do a contract fone costs sweet fanny adams other than a few minutes of time

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I know at least two very old people who are quite lonely for a good part of their lives.
We have a small circle built up of folk built up who take it in turns to give them a ring .. Nothing formal and nothing regular.. but it gives them a chance just to chat and using as I do a contract fone costs sweet fanny adams other than a few minutes of time
That is a really kind and thoughtful thing to do.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
At family parties, one of the "forfeits" is always to select a number at random from the local phone book and ring to wish "Merry Xmas/New Year/Easter" etc. It has led to some interesting conversations. - Gordon

My Dad's mate used to do Christmas postal deliveries to earn a bit of extra cash, and deliberately put the cards for any given street in the wrong letterboxes - he said it got neighbours talking to each other at Christmas, often for the first time ever.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
awwwww bless her.... hope you said something about the weather, or something.. :(

(I got asked out a couple of times on receiving a wrong number ...
I had to explain I am older than I sound but thank you for the complement. :( )

Yes, but you are still a little cracker so please say yes the next time I call you :xThumb::xThumb:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
John, that is so kind. Let's hope the world takes note. xxxxxx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well to be honest we only got the idea from elsewhere mate... I think it may be a lot more common than folk realise :)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
My Dad's mate used to do Christmas postal deliveries to earn a bit of extra cash, and deliberately put the cards for any given street in the wrong letterboxes - he said it got neighbours talking to each other at Christmas, often for the first time ever.
.....again, another simple way to give people the opportunity of chatting to someone :xThumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back