Is It Just Me Who Gets Really Cross With... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Why does it annoy me so very much when people come onto Fun and, without contributing to any threads or even sometimes without subscribing, just post a link to their blog.

Just using the huge Fun membership, built up over years of work by Jim, to advertise their own blog.

Am I the only one who gets so cross?

JJ :cool:

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
I don't get cross, life's too short. I've never read a blog in my life anyway. It is rude and a sign of the times though, I put it in the same class as people who just register to have a whinge and the people who raise an issue and then don't close the thread by telling us how it worked out in the end (n)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jnn

Free Member
Oct 22, 2016
cheshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion trafic
Exp
nooby
It's just plain rude. Not worth getting angry about it.

Online fora the world over have the same issues. In essence we know each otehr via our online persona and behaviour - although on this forum folk have the privelege of meeting one another too.

Bearing in mind we base our knowledge on online behaviour, those who join solely to take advantage, monetary or otherwise, will become known as such and so do themselves a disservice in the short and long term, whilst doing us a favour by showing their true colours

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
JJ - at least you get to be grumpy in sunny Portugal - all the rest of us have to be grumpy in the rain.... and believe me its VEEERRRRYY wet here in Bath today - I don't even notice when someone puts a blog up (although @Mr Mousy pointed me in the direction of Our Bumbles blog, which is very good)..... ;)(y)

D

DL42846

Deleted User
I have never read a blog on here. Don't think I know how to find one?

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
I tend to agree with JJ on this, but I have a much lower opinion still of those who come in to MHF just to promote the sale of something (e.g. a half converted ambulance) that they have tired of.

It takes a lot of time and energy to build up a forum like this, and the membership contributes enormously to the value and the overall experience. I can understand that some may join and limit their participation to reading what others have written, and that is fair enough. But those who join for the sole purpose of commercially exploiting the membership, whilst contributing nothing in return, irritate me.

I have no particular beef with blogs, a lot of them are both entertaining and informative, and nobody forces me to read them.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
What's the difference between a blog and a web page, do blogs have a particular format or are they hosted somewhere special?
I can't imagine what would motivate someone to get others to look at their blog (advertising revenue, perhaps?).

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
Some people can write very interesting blogs, even if it may only be a mundane and not very adventurous trip, if they have good writing skills. I agree though that joining the forum just to promote a blog to people you don't know is probably not going to be well received. I do sometimes read blogs if it's someone I know of or an exert from it has caught my eye in a post or an advert.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Why does it annoy me so very much when people come onto Fun and, without contributing to any threads or even sometimes without subscribing, just post a link to their blog.

Just using the huge Fun membership, built up over years of work by Jim, to advertise their own blog.

Am I the only one who gets so cross?

Whilst I agree it does not affect me at all.. I never click on links to blogs on here or any other forum.
If someones life is so interesting they think the rest of the world need to know about it, let them write a book ( as a couple on here have done and both been bought and enjoyed by myself and no doubt lots of others )

As far as I can work out, a blog is little more than a private farce book.. A place to post your every day doings without the chance of the great unwashed actually replying in a negative way ! LOL !!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I am not anti blogs...

Just anti new folk using Fun to advertise them when that person has no interest in joining in on our forum.

Users... not Givers.

And how are your lettuces JJ!!;)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I am not anti blogs...

Just anti new folk using Fun to advertise them when that person has no interest in joining in on our forum.

Users... not Givers.

Have you got that tree trunk up yet..........

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
It takes a lot of time and energy to build up a forum like this
Creep. :( Tried that myself. He still charges you the full £15.00

Blogs. Must admit I don't read them, mainly because I couldn't write them. No interaction. It's like having a conversation with next doors dog, not knowing if it's listening, or out taking a dump.o_O

Like.....
"Today I went for a walk in the park. Such a pretty place, with many rare and exotic dog turds growing in abundance. Then, I stopped at the park cafe, and had a cup of tea, milk, but no sugar, in a cute little cup bearing a picture of a chap with his PARTS out.....Very nice. Then, I strolled.......AGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back