Is it Jim being rude or wonky software? (1 Viewer)

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Recently visited MHF and the site was covered in huge boxes telling me that I was in "read only mode" and yet I was logged on as fjmike but could not post to ask what had happened. I assumed that my membership had run out but would have expected an email from Jim warning me that my membership was due for renewal not just shut out. As the title said is this Jim taking his eye off the ball or is it software not doing what it should?.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
cant answer your question, but did you update your membership so you could post? It is my understanding that you can top up your membership at any time and it will be added to any unused months / years still left

I have just been to check my own status membership wise, took a while, not sure if I used the best route, but by clicking on my user name in top blue bar then went to 'account upgrades' which seemed wrong, but it gave the information I wanted.

Its a bit like your MOT I guess, no reminder issued, but we still get it done when due :)

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Sometimes Jim does upgrades with the system still online and maybe that was what it was.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
It keeps kicking me off this morning, but that's probably cos I's Welsh

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Well it looks sorted now! I guess it was one of those perplexing mysteries which has make life so interesting. I would ignore it unless it keeps happening. :)

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
Its a bit like your MOT I guess, no reminder issued, but we still get it done when due :)

I DO get a reminder when my MOT is due - through the post from the garage that always does it. Arrives one month before it runs out so plenty of time to get a new test done to ensure continuity.

Dave

OP
OP
FJmike

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
cant answer your question, but did you update your membership so you could post? It is my understanding that you can top up your membership at any time and it will be added to any unused months / years still left
Yes I did update my membership so hope your right about the top up if it wasn't due

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
I recently had an e-mail advising my membership expired in 7 days.... all sorted fairly easily. Blooming technology, me thinks :groan::swear2:

OP
OP
FJmike

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
I recently had an e-mail advising my membership expired in 7 days.... all sorted fairly easily. Blooming technology, me thinks :groan::swear2:
I'm getting a complex now :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back