Is it fair? (1 Viewer)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
About to trade in our mh for another. Our current van has a melamine dinner service which fits into a purpose made plastic tray/holder screwed inside one of the cupboards. The new van doesn't have any crockery or a plastic holder. The question is - Is it fair to take the dinner service out of our current van?

Second question: Current van has Autogas with aluminium cylinder (I think I mean Alugas). New van doesn't. Can I take the cylinder out and use it in new van until such time as I can get a Autogas filler fitted to the new van. In other words will the aluminium cylinder fit onto a normal gas cupboard fitting.

Thanks

Last edited:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Don't see why you cant remove items listed..

As long as no damage is done when removing them..

Just make sure you tell the dealer/buyer they will be removed...

Very few new vans come with extra`s... :Smile:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Depends on if you have been given a price by the dealer. Would you think it fair if the dealer changed new tyres for old after you had agreed a price.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
As long as you state clearly what you intend to leave in the van when you do the deal there can be no problem, dealer would probably throw in a set of plates to seal the deal anyway. Also remember some new vehicles don't come with leisure batteries as standard.

jools66

Free Member
Jul 5, 2011
Fulltime Devon/Europe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
FT since 04/12
As said I think if the dealer is made aware of your plans to remove things shouldn't be a problem :Smile:

Also remember some new vehicles don't come with leisure batteries as standard.
:whatthe:
Wouldn't a motorhome 'not be fit for purpose' without a leisure battery?

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
I think it also depends how long the dealer spent looking at your trade-in. There's always the chance he's not noticed this stuff. Is a dealer likely to be selling a 'van with used plates in it?

A far as the Alugas is concerned, if he's not looked thoroughly then I don't see the problem. But if you stated that to him, then leave it as-is.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
If the rack is screwed in, by removing it you will leave holes, the van is being p/xd fitted with the gas system and as such is part of the vehicle.

Peter

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Who wants second hand stuff ?

If I found old stuff in ANYTHING I buy, it would go straight in the bin.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Take the bl**dy lot! When was the last time anyone left YOU anything?? Bet you the dealer or his crew will lift anything they fancy themselves, so beat them to it!! :thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Do I detect some Crockery Snob Funsters?

Melamine stuff ROCKS!

(Normal members say take it all out... Dealer member says leave it in...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

JJ. :Cool:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
When I bought my first van it still had the original crockery, I packed that away and used melamine sold it recently and put the original back in, when I first bought the van, it had an awning rail, gas bottles when I collected seller had taken them off, so if you want them take them off.

The van I have just bought, didn`t come with gas bottles, even the fittings were taken out of the gas locker, again original crockery, minus one cup, also has 4 wine glasses, have packed them up, and replaced with the melamine, lighter for one thing and doesn`t break, I am taking out the plasic plate and cup rack but keeping it for when I sell it.
Surely you are getting the px price for the van and not the extras, unless they were put in by the manufactorers.Dealers do take out the extras sometimes.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
When we were trying to sell the Burstner I eventually took out most of the extras, Oyster Dish, Solar Panel, Second Leisure Battery, spare wheel, EHU cable, handbrake extender, headlamp protectors, engine. Only kidding about the engine.

Mike

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I would leave the crockery and ask the dealer to swap the gas bottles and fittings.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
anything that was screwed or bolted to the motorhome when the dealer gave you a price will form part of the contract of sale as fixtures and fittings. removing them without first talking to the dealer about it is fraud

anything loose like plates, pots pans and personal stuff take out or it will get binned

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Our Bessie came with a gas bottle - horrid bright yellow thing. Pete fitted Gaslow the next day. When we PXed it we said it had Gaslow but we were taking it out and putting it in the new one.

So he took it out and all the fittings and put the bright yellow one back in complete with all it's fittings, they'd all been sitting in our garage for the intervening 4 years.

We were astonished that the Bessie never had a plate rack, we thought they were standard. Furthermore you can't BUY a plastic one only horrid plastic coated metal, which is not the same thing at all. It did have a SQUARE mug rack though, the upright kind where you stack the mugs vertically. Who on earth has SQUARE mugs? So I instantly cut up some of the Gaslow packaging so they had an internal, cardboard tube fitting (with the vertical gap for the handle to match) to stop the mugs rattling themselves to smithereens.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back