Is it customary to give other motorhomers a wave when driving (1 Viewer)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I am such a fantastic driver I wave with both hands while steering with my knees, not too enthusiastically though, I wouldn't want to drop my phone and spill my coffee ;)
You snuck in there very quietly. :) First post and a sense of humour. Love it. :) Please keep posting. MHF is losing its fun because of the moaners. You and I with an upbeat view of life are in the minority at the moment. Not that I'm moaning about it of course. :)

Upvote 0
Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010
Before the days of Del Boy I had a Reliant van, every other reliant owners waved, the really funny thing was that it was yellow! then along came Del boy with his yellow van but by then I'd got a white one, then I passed my test and moved on, thankfully. :whew:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: Jim
Upvote 0
Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
We have a PVC with major amounts of Globecar decal stickers - no fun sticker though... must get a round two it.
It’s easy to wave at delivery vans - sometimes even they wave back, looking a little bemused ?

Upvote 0
Aug 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hobby 615 af
Exp
2 weeks
We wave when we are out in Dobby and sometimes i forget i am in the car and still wave................??

Upvote 0
Aug 31, 2022
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
I'm new to motorhoming. I wave most of the time (MH and PVC but not caravans) and get about 50% returned waves. I cheer if I get a return and shout "double bubble" if both the driver and the passenger wave back.
I have failed to return the odd wave - this is usually because I am clinging on for dear life at that particular moment or mid swear.
If I don't get a wave back that's fine I assume its because the driver is in similar position or mid discussion with the navigator about the previous missed turning.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jan 7, 2023
Bath, UK
Funster No
MH
Fleurette Wincester
Exp
Since Jan 2023
I'm new to motorhoming. I wave most of the time (MH and PVC but not caravans) and get about 50% returned waves. I cheer if I get a return and shout "double bubble" if both the driver and the passenger wave back.
I have failed to return the odd wave - this is usually because I am clinging on for dear life at that particular moment or mid swear.
If I don't get a wave back that's fine I assume its because the driver is in similar position or mid discussion with the navigator about the previous missed turning.

Us too, all of that except the "double bubble" bit :)

I do that half wave by raising my hand keeping the thumb hooked around the steering wheel, unless the other side are waving very enthusiastically then I join in.

I think after a few years it might get tiresome, but for now it feels great.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back