Is it compulsory to have a dog with a motorhome (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I think the OP has it round the wrong way. People have motorhomes because they are ideal for dogs, not the other way round.

This is why I asked, now I'm beginning to understand why.... There are some good points made here.... Some still see it as them and us though..

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Taking our two dogs away with us is part of the reason for getting a Motorhome. We are restricted anyway due to the wheelchair, so what's a couple more restrictions.....and they make us smile and give us so much love. If I could take the chickens they would come too! :ROFLMAO:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
A dog, big or small, makes a great alarm.. as soon as a stranger approaches our van, Mylo, our JRT, growls and if they get too close barks.. until told it's OK.. he sounds like a big dog..

When we lived full time in the van it was one of the reasons for having a dog.. We wouldn't travel without him or his sidekick Bella.. our Cairn Terrier, who joins in barking... but would lick an intruder to death :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Had the dogs before the motorhomes, yep they restrict places you can go when away, but that's no different to home, with a good set up can leave them for up to four hours alone in van, same as at home. Three months in the sun overseas over the winter with the dogs or a couple of weeks flying without them, no contest really.

:)

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
A dog, big or small, makes a great alarm.. as soon as a stranger approaches our van, Mylo, our JRT, growls and if they get too close barks.. until told it's OK.. he sounds like a big dog..

When we lived full time in the van it was one of the reasons for having a dog.. We wouldn't travel without him or his sidekick Bella.. our Cairn Terrier, who joins in barking... but would lick an intruder to death :LOL:
That would be one reason for me too Jim, but I've seen a few threads on here about dogs barking.... And I know from my own expeiriance it's not so annoying when it's your own dogs barking...

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Awwww, we love it. 1992 Eunos Roadster. Fully loaded Japanese Domestic Import. Power steering, electric everything, a/c, the lot. Loads of fun after driving the MoHo (y) :p
Can you tow it behind your mh ?

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Our dogs don't restrict where we take our motorhome.
Don't get that one.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Yep I have noticed it too
Dogs are fashionable at the moment
But so are tattoo's
Had working dogs but never had a lap dog
Still it keeps people happy

My favourite dog sighting was a dog in a kiddie trailer, behind a push bike.

We have serious problems in the world, posh doggie coats and collars don't wash with me

Ah well
Should we have Motorhomes then as you think dog trailers and coats are unnecessary perhaps MHs are in the same context?

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
We bought our MH because of our dog. He's our first dog and we treat him as part of the family. That being the case we won't leave him in kennels when we go away - hence the motorhome!

As for dog hairs and mess. The only thing a dog owner can do is make sure they clear up after their own dog. We have a vacuum cleaner is the MH and that deals with any hairs. We took the carpets out of the living area and stored they away as it's easier to keep the floor clean and whoever buys our vehicle after U.S. Will have pristine carpets.

Lucky dog!:)

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
Q. Is it compulsory to have a dog with a motorhome

A. Yes

image.jpg

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Yep, recognised it for a Mazda - the Eunos is stunning good fun for the money. Lovely little car.

........P.S. Can you re-do my highlights for me? :imoutahere:

I'll get me coat for a second time.:getmecoat:

....still recovering from @peterc10 being rude about my own pride and joy.... ;)
Highlights, ah I see. I'm a hairdresser and your gay.:rofl:

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Just seems like everyone has a dog in a motorhome....

My thinking is that it can restrict where you go and what you want to do and the main idea of a motorhome is to travel where you wish
The only restriction is the lack of understanding about dog owners and their appreciation of their dogs by none dog owners, for a brief moment I did think I was restricted by the dog this year when I was in Morocco, Spain, Portugal, France .........with the dog, then I thought, nah!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
That would be one reason for me too Jim, but I've seen a few threads on here about dogs barking.... And I know from my own expeiriance it's not so annoying when it's your own dogs barking...
Must disagree ... it drives me nuts if mine bark a lot, or not so much, if they're having a play and doing their little 'joy' barks that's another matter, but barking AT someone/something is not on unless there is a good reason.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back